Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

York Plant Strike

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:18 PM
hartick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: York Plant Strike

union or not (to each his/her own) i have a SG on order that i want. i will head down and build it myself if it is not settled soon.

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:42 PM
01Ultra
Cruiser

I am sure that there have never been any slackers in the military.......(hey joe looking for good time in Olongopo City)....
Could the decline in the big three be from a combination greed from exec and workers, but lets just blame the workers. the garbage is designed by well educated engineers and assemble by the union workers.. what right do they have to try to do better for themselves and there families after all they are the ones who import theparts from over seas from companies that probably have fair work practices and pay fair wages. the American worker are the only greedy people in this country. i am sure that alot ofyou used to be union workers that are now self employed use only quality parts and do everythingyou can to look out for the best interest ofyour employees and provide benefits for the hard work done....And that ifyour employees busted there *** to get the job done on time they would reap in the profits.I doubt it...they should just be happy to have a job.........

01Ultra
Cruiser

I am sure that there have never been any slackers in the military.......(hey joe looking for good time in Olongopo City)....
Could the decline in the big three be from a combination greed from exec and workers, but lets just blame the workers. the garbage is designed by well educated engineers and assemble by the union workers.. what right do they have to try to do better for themselves and there families after all they are the ones who import theparts from over seas from companies that probably have fair work practices and pay fair wages. the American worker are the only greedy people in this country. i am sure that alot ofyou used to be union workers that are now self employed use only quality parts and do everythingyou can to look out for the best interest ofyour employees and provide benefits for the hard work done....And that ifyour employees busted there *** to get the job done on time they would reap in the profits.I doubt it...they should just be happy to have a job.........

01Ultra
Cruiser

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:49 PM
01Ultra
Cruiser

sorry about the 3 post on same subject i must be one of those uneducated goobers....Lol[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:54 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting thread. I was part of a reduction in force three weeks ago and currently spend my days searching for new employment (and reading HD forum). I worked for the Dutch company 'Philips' and have almost 30 years in the healthcare industry. No unions were involved in my business and I was involved with a variety of responsibilities. NONE of which were involved in 'screwing' anybody out of anything. There is so much involved with keeping a business afloat that it is beyond me to see where there would be the time. A company is responsible to stakeholders, nothing more.

How many people would be happy to have a 3% raise each yearfor 3 years? That was what I/we were used to receiving. We went from 5 zones in the USA to 3 zones and downsizing was the right thing to do. I was in the wrong spot. Rather than bash the company, or life in general, I'm hitting all the avenues that will put me back to work. I don't do unemployment as my fellow taxpayers don't owe me a thing. I can walk and talk and make a living and all I have to do is try!!

Old 02-01-2007 | 11:58 PM
Cdn RKRyder
Advanced

Great........ What S#*@!& timing on my part............ I'm supposed to have a March delivery of a new RK..... Hope I don't get a bike some disgruntled worker "makes his point with"........

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:02 AM
Woodchuck
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great union stradegy - have the contract expire in February after plenty of '07s have been produced and prior to the '08 production push. BRILLIANT!!!Management can let them walk for a good long time - long enough for the scabs to learn the jobs and replace them.

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:28 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: christian0632

Here's what unions do:

Mr Ford decides to make a car anddoes not needsomeone with a bachlors or masters degree to put lugnuts on wheels so he hires Goober and Vern. Business picks up so he hires Cleetus and Earl (and pays them all a fair wage for the job their doing). Along comes Mr Union Slug and tells Goober, Vern, Cleetus and Earl that they are now worth triple what Mr Ford is paying, so we'll organize and make threats to walk off the job if we don't get something more (even though we have no formal education andno critical skills). Goober agrees, Vern agrees somewhat, Cleetus doesn't agree but goes along with Uncle Goober and cousin Vern cause he thinks they are really smart, and Earl definitely disagrees but is screwed cause it's a majority vote. (that's ok, Earl will now cross thread every third lugnut to show them fellers he ain't one to be messed with!)

Unfortunately, Goober is an idiot and thinks Vern agreed cause Vern know what he's doing and the whole time Mr Union Slug is collecting dues from them and telling them to demand more money for their unskilled labor services or walk off the job and don't allow any otherperson (that would be happy to have any job) to work there.

So next thing ya' know, Mr Ford jacks up the price of the junkers Goober, Vern, Cleetus and Earl are slapping together and screws the general public just so Goober, Vern, Cleetus and Earl can all haveplasma TVs and vacation in the Bahamas (even though they are uneducated unskilled lugnut put-er on-er's).

But then one day the union puke tells Goob and the clan to demand and walk off the job but this time Mr. Ford says he can't meet their demands and is so tired of dealing with Mr Union Slug and their hillbilly a**es that he would just rather close up shop. Too bad for Goob and the gang, but luckily, Mr Union Slug made a fortune off of the Goober clan union duesthat now he can have a plasma TV and vacation in the Bahamas!

So thanks to the Union, Goober is back to milkin' goats, Vern is plukin' chickens, Cleetus is doing nothing but living off his mama, and Earl is sloppin' hogs, right where they all belong! All thanks to the Union!

See! Unions are good for something! Getting the hillbillys back to the hills!
Classic....... I love it, to funny.

Bill G

Old 02-02-2007 | 12:47 AM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 203 Posts

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I retire in 4 years. I'd love to work there. Not in PA but NC. Just want a little spendin money andlow stress.

That's a good plan, I've been doing it for some time now.

Back to the thread. Sorry.

Quick Reply: York Plant Strike