Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

York Plant Strike

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:26 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: York Plant Strike

Yea HDHoosier....they are on the way across the water I'm afraid. I can't say yes or no to a union....I'm from the south and I think the only union around here is with UPS.We are smart enough to negotiate our own deals without having to pay someone!!I've seen what happened to most of the trucking company's that were union...they are no longer in business. With all the mexican labor andthese companies moving across sea's, they employee's better be careful. Here in NC, textile and furniture built the state, along with tobacco and now it is all gone to foreign countries.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

I keep seeing the union guys bitching about the salaried folks pay. If I were THAT concerned with the executive pay, jealous, I'd be after the CEO position.

Old 02-01-2007, 07:37 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

ORIGINAL: FoxRM250

Yea HDHoosier....they are on the way across the water I'm afraid. I can't say yes or no to a union....I'm from the south and I think the only union around here is with UPS.We are smart enough to negotiate our own deals without having to pay someone!!I've seen what happened to most of the trucking company's that were union...they are no longer in business. With all the mexican labor andthese companies moving across sea's, they employee's better be careful. Here in NC, textile and furniture built the state, along with tobacco and now it is all gone to foreign countries.

I made that comment in here once, and they just about ran me outta town....

Old 02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a great idea , lets pay our working families minimum wage , or better yet maybe it will bebetter tobuild Harley's in japan or china . People like you are what is wrong with this country . Its a dam shame to hearfellow Americans make stupid comments like that.
ORIGINAL: THABULL

ORIGINAL: ultraultra

The union HAS pushed PAST the limit. We have some empty furniture and textile plants and layed off workers here in NC where we'd love to build Harleys. Willie G.. are you listening???
Agreed pi$$ on unions. Anytime a union is envolved in something the consumer ends up paying twice for a product than it's actually worth and the product isn't made any better than a product made by a non-union company!

Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen to that!

Ride safe,

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

I keep seeing the union guys bitching about the salaried folks pay. If I were THAT concerned with the executive pay, jealous, I'd be after the CEO position.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM
dansworld
1st Gear

Yes harley is on strike at the york plant. 98% of the union workers voted to strike. It seems that the corprate office wanted the workers to take concessions even while harley has had record profits for twenty years now. It wasnt to long ago that a couple of ceo's at the corprate cashed in 40,000,00 and 27,000,000 dollars each in stock right before they announced that they were going to be cutting 10,000 bikes for the 2006 year. As soon as it was announced the stock dropped from 60.00 to 38.00 dollars. The ceo,s then bought all the stock they just sold back at the thirty eight dollar price. Harley wanted to cut 10,000 bikes again this year 2007 but they dont want to announce it. A strike would take care of that. Maybe thats why they offered such a bad contract. Watch who is selling stocks now. Its all public record. It seems thatbecause harley gets a majority of their wheels for the touring bikes from china, at least they have for the last 6 months, and their wiring harness from mexico, and their bearings from mexico, and other wheels from japan that they feel that they should be paying the workers that build the bikes what they are paying the chinese to make the wheels, or the mexicans to build the wiring harnesses. It's funny that harley who's advertisements deal with freedom, the freedom to ride, the freedom of choice, buy and deal with a country that has little freedom. I bet those chinese don,t ride a 18,000 dollar harley. I will be buying a victory motorcycle next time around. I can't see paying that much money for a bike that might not be a hundred percent. If they are being built by employees who are not being treated right while the ceo's rake in staggering amounts of money, it seems that the bikes won't be being built with the same pride that they were being built with at one time. Maybe harley will build the whole bike in china instead of only the wheels. I haven't seen the price of any harley davidsons go down even with them using cheaper parts ,literally

Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 PM
alexcue
Road Master

stock hasn't been $38 since 2003... what a load...

Old 02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
RickGlide
Intermediate

Union Yes, Harley has record profist let the worker meet his cost of living.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: jimbo21165

So you see no problem with a ceo making over 100 times what the worker makes, then saying he's paying said worker too much? Not trying to get into your personal life, but if your boss was making 100 times what you make you would have no problem with that? Might I ask you do for a living?

Old 02-01-2007, 08:43 PM
07RoadGlide
Banned

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

I retire in 4 years. I'd love to work there. Not in PA but NC. Just want a little spendin money andlow stress.

ORIGINAL: ultraultra

The union HAS pushed PAST the limit. We have some empty furniture and textile plants and layed off workers here in NC where we'd love to build Harleys. Willie G.. are you listening???
Amen on that one. 4 years and 3 months til I retire. I'd love to take a great HD job in NC.

Quick Reply: York Plant Strike