Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 07 Problems continue

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:51 PM
Phins74
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 07 Problems continue

My RK has a production date of 9/06 and my transmission makes tons of noise it rattles in all gears and when its hot its terrible. When it is hot and I pull up to the garage to put her away put it in nuetral let the clutch out andit rattles like a bitch. So back to the dealer it went today for the second time. I got the bike on Christmas eve and have put 2500 mile on her. I did not notice the noise as bad until the 1000 mile service. I didn't even get out of the parking lot. I turned it around and took it right back. The guy heard the sound and pulled it in and took the primary apart right then to make sure everything was "right". I rode it home after sitting for 3 hours waiting. I took it back about a week later for the same problem. They put it on the dyno, their shop foreman checked it out and told me the sound was normal. He actually recomended ear plugs! So I kept riding and I coluldn't stand it any longer so I took it back today. The dealer gave me a loner manufacture date 12/06 what a bike!!! I can hear the smooth motor the exhaust is sweeter and absolutely no rattle from the transmission!!!! Night and day difference. I will not accept my bike back until it sounds like this loner. I must stand my $25,000 dollar ground!!! I also notied on the loner I can ride at lower rpms and the bike handles it with no problem. On mine it will lug much worse. [align=right]
[/align]

Old 01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
Shank
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My 07 Problems continue

Ear Plugs !!!![sm=badidea.gif] Damn you need to tell the bossman about that crap.......You drop 25K and thats what they tell you ..... I did hear of some bikes that the new automatic primary chain tensioner was bad......07 Ultra and i havent heard anything like that out of mine......I hope all works well and the best of luck

Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
jdag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...this is absurd. I am interested in the follow up, so please keep us posted.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmm, where have I heard all this before?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty soon you will havea few people calling you a troll, telling you that you are lugging your bike and don't know how shift a Harley properly,and that you are whining about a nonexistant problem becausetheir 07 is perfect. Come on guys where are you?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:34 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your problems,I hope the dealer figures it out. So how bad was it before the 1000 mile chcek up? Was it bad at all, or just after they went through it?

Old 01-31-2007, 11:40 PM
todd6751
Cruiser

i was pretty dissapointed about buying my 06 after hearing that they came out with the 6 speed and 96 c.i. but you make me feel better! no offense.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to re-hash...

Plenty of posts on this.

Oh yea, I've had zero problems with my 07.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:51 PM
rmarion
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tell them to switch motors and you'll be a happy camper.........

Old 02-01-2007, 02:29 AM
vtxed
Tourer

Alway's the guy's that never had a problem have something to say. If you think something is wrong there probablyis, the proof is the loner bike ( Difference between night and day ). God I hate guy's like the guy in the, No need torehash post statement. I had a 2002 VTX 1800 that was nothing but problems ( Fouling plugs )untill the fix was 6 months down the road but had to listen to all the guys that bought the newer build dates call me a whinner, and I'm lugging my engine keep the rpm's up,but ate there words once the fix wasannounced. A hotter plug was the fix. I then went on to put a happy40K on it untill I bought the Glide.

Steve

Quick Reply: My 07 Problems continue