Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaker brands

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Tazdabagger
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker brands

I have read several post on speakers on harleys and I have not seen any one using infinity speakers. I have many friends here in LA. that are using them and they sound great!! How do you guys feel about them or have you ever tried them. I noticed that they are very clear and LOUD on the bikes here. In my opinion they are much better than the Pioneer equipped bikes. I have never heard Polk, Focal. How do these compare to the Infinity Reference Series? or even the MB Quartz?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they using them on bikes? Remember your bike will get wet and so will your speakers. I have no idea so I'll ask, does infinity make speakers that will fit on your bike and are made to take a wet environment?

Good luck bro.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Pierucki
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work in car audio and you need to be very model specific when shopping. An Infinity Reference Series model speaker would not compare to a Polk Momo speaker. It would be comparable to a Polk db series speaker. The audio equipment market is a lot like the motorcycle market. Many will say the best out there is what they have installed on their bike, that is until they go and install the next best thing. Just like when you ask most what the best scoot to ride is you get told the type they are currently riding.

My best advice is to go to your local bike night or closest rally and listen to other peoples sound systems in the same kind of bike you ride. Your ear may hear totally different than mine so the speakers I like (which would be Polk db series) may not sound as good as Rockford Fosgate punch series. One big thing that you should worry about is if the speaker is a marine grade speaker or not. I have seen many guys purchase a set of speakers or a radio for their scoot that was not marine grade and then be very upset when it "smokes out" after getting wet.

Hope I helped somewhat. Keep the shiny side up friend.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been a big fan of Infinity car audio speakers for many years. They are very smooth sounding if you get the silk dome tweeter and have a decent mid-bass punch with the right power. Ran a set in my fairing off the stock h/u and they sounded good. The only reason I am not currently using them is because I went with an m/c specific speaker. Biketronics to be exact.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I looked at some 6.5" Infinitys but IIRC, many of them are 2 ohm speakers ...

Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 492 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
I looked at some 6.5" Infinitys but IIRC, many of them are 2 ohm speakers ...
Sorry for my stupidity, what does IIRC mean?

Infinity makes a quality product, but was never better (sound quality) than their competitors. Course that's to my ear. They may be the cat's PJs to others.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Focal is the top of the line, Infinity is middle of the road

ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

but how much do you want to spend is the key to happiness here in audio land

if you want crystal clear at highway speeds, Focal with an amp

if you want good, but distorted at highway speeds, infinity, polk, J&M they are all there in the middle

add the amp and get really clear sound without distortion

see to get volume you need more amplitude/power, most of us get this by turning up the volume, but the head unit starts to destort the signal as you go with more power, so by adding the amp you can keep the volume low on the head unit, in the nice clean signal range and let the amp boost the power and give the speakers a nice clean but powerful signal to drive them.

most folks would probably love an amp and middle of the road speakers

Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Sorry for my stupidity, what does IIRC mean?

Infinity makes a quality product, but was never better (sound quality) than their competitors. Course that's to my ear. They may be the cat's PJs to others.
Ha .. I had to inquire too. IIRC = if I remember correctly

Old 11-09-2012, 11:51 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Infinity speakers are high on my bang for the buck list. They also have some 2ohm 6.5 coax ones that match well with HD setups. The only way to pick speakers is to listen to them.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 492 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
Ha .. I had to inquire too. IIRC = if I remember correctly
Thanks! Thought you were saying something 'bout the speakers and had no idea what IIRC was. Really feel dumb now. Hahahahaaa

Quick Reply: speaker brands