Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Rider to Passenger Com

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 AM
00FattyT
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Road King Rider to Passenger Com

I have searched here and it seems that the Scala systems are pretty well liked and used. My question is on their website I see the q2 pro and the teamset pro that I am looking at and I see a big difference in price. the main difference I can find is the q2 allows bluetooth connection of an mp3 player and bike to bike and the teamset you have to use an auxillary wire for the mp3 player. Am I missing something else?

I would like to talk to my wife when we ride and listen to music from one source which with the teamset it looks like I would have to use a splitter so that the mp3 could be plugged into both headsets.

And if anyone has any opinions on these units or another suggetion of a different unit please let me know. Just remember I am on a Road King so I know I have a more wind noise than a fairing. Thanks.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 PM
bill from tn
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 141 Posts

I have the team set pro and am well pleased.
Correct on the music, it only allows an MP3 to be plugged into the units. I assume you could use a splitter but it kind of takes away the luxury of being wireless.
My hearing is not great and my wife and I are able to communicate easily at speeds up to 60. On the interstate at 70 plus, it gets a little more difficult. But on long interstate runs we usually wear ear plugs anyway.
She can hear me with her plugs in. Speaker clarity is much better then I expected. Voice activated works well usually. Sometimes you have to say a couple of words to engage it if it times out. You do have a button you can push to override the voice activation and just open the connection.

My only complaint is that the unit hangs down a bit and catches the seam of my leather coat when I turn my head. My light jacket doesn't do this, and I have adjusted it back and forth on the helmet with no good results. I use an old style 3/4 helmet and it may be just unique to that style helmet.

We do get some wind noise thru the speakers from the exposed mic but again only at 70 plus speeds. Not bad, but it is there.

A charge will last all day. We recently used them on a trip and it is nice. We can carry on a conversation, she can read a map and help with directions, comment on bad drivers, all that fun stuff.

I have never used the MP3 function so I can't give you anything on that. I bought it for the intercom. I think the other models have FM radio and the team set does not have that.

I think they only will fit a 3/4 or full helmet though. You need a separate kit for a half helmet.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
00FattyT
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks for information. I appreciate it!

Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM
stan60
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

We have the Sena SMH10. We used them this past weekend on our trip to the Lonestar Rally. Very impressed. We had 4 of us using them rider to passenger and bike to bike. Com was very good. You get some wind noise occasionally. The volume was good and the sound of the music was good. The function is very easy with only one big button and on smaller button to mess with. Easy to use with glove on. I won't be trading any time soon.