Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lazy Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs down Lazy Dealers

I bought a 2012 TriGlide from a dealer in East TN back in February. This dealer sold the trike new and for whatever reason, the dealer got it back after only 31 miles. Later on, I had to have the voltage regulator changed under recall. The dealer that made the change (not the selling dealer) has not closed the work order, this is NOVEMBER! I'm told that if this work order is not closed I will have a problem when I decide to trade or sell it. (HD dealer told me this???) I asked the service department to PLEASE close this work order and they didn't even know what I was talking about. At that time, I learned that the original owner is shown as the owner of the trike on H-Dnet. I asked the selling dealer to fix this as any notifications from the MOCO will be sent to the original purchaser rather than me. He told me that I had to fill out a form and ask the MOCO to make the change. I thought this should be a part of the selling transaction. I contacted the MOCO and they said it is a responsibility of the selling dealer. He (the MOCO customer service agent) gave me detailed instructions on how to make the change on H-Dnet and asked me to phone the dealer and pass these instructions on. I explained the issue of the open work order on the voltage regulator and he said he would call the dealer that did the repair and get that closed. I emailed the selling dealer and gave them the detailed instructions on how to get the trike ownership changed on H-Dnet. I have to wonder why I had to do any of this. Who cares? I do.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My suggestion is to lay this at the feet of the dealer that YOU bought the bike from. It's their responsiblity to sell you a bike with clean paperwork. Tell the dealer you're considering filing a complaint with the Attorney General for whatever county the dealer is operating from. You're right, there is no reason for you to be doing any of this.

Mike

Old 11-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Default Selling Dealer

Originally Posted by mike5380
My suggestion is to lay this at the feet of the dealer that YOU bought the bike from. It's their responsiblity to sell you a bike with clean paperwork. Tell the dealer you're considering filing a complaint with the Attorney General for whatever county the dealer is operating from. You're right, there is no reason for you to be doing any of this.

Mike
I actually did put the ownership issue on the selling dealer, twice. It was another dealer that did the voltage regulator and won't close the paperwork.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:12 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 338 Likes on 194 Posts

What's the worst that could happen if they don't close the work order? My guess is that you could get a regulator replaced under their recall again?

Old 11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Default Great Thought!

Originally Posted by piasspj
What's the worst that could happen if they don't close the work order? My guess is that you could get a regulator replaced under their recall again?
Wish I had thought of that.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Or go to yet another dealer and have them do an oil change or something and then ask them to check for any open recalls. When they say that the VR campaign comes up, ask them to take care of it. They'll change it out and close it out.