Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

attention any one loss power highway

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: attention any one loss power highway

[sm=popcorn.gif]Pass the salt, would ya?

Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

two things are probly gonna happen:
1. youre gonna get your bike fixed, probly by a combo of your insurance and the dealer, and you
2. if you sue, youre gonna get to pay the attorney

a class action takes people to make a class, its clear to me that there aint no people in your class...the responses youre gettin are positive, we're tryin to help by tellin you what and how it's gonna play out...you gotta motorcop/accident investigator, motorheads, level heads, & lots of guys with lots of experience...believe me man, we're all sorry for the mishap...we all make mistakes and maybe you didnt, but the facts as layed out will not exonerate you...they will clear the MOCO & dealer...it seems as tho youre acting/speaking right now on emotion...quit it dude...not bein ugly, tryin to save you some money....

do this, i think its a sumpin prob...thats where the 1" o-ring that seals the pump to the crankcase has a small tear or abberation that allows oil in the crankcase...an HD motor is a dry sump(area under the crank) and if the crank drags oil it will kill power...it could also be a ingition/ecm prob...several things could be the culprit...

take your bike to the best motor builder/tuner you can find...let your insurance pay him to fix the bike both cosmetically and power....have a coke and a smoke and lighten up on the lawsuit unless you just like wasting money

lifes short man, be happy...welcome to the forum...be a part of it

Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He attempted to avoid me by passing, but oncoming traffic was to close he had to swerve back into my lane immediately on my side.
If that is accurate description of events you still have no claim against Harley or even the dealer that worked on your bike. In that version, you completed the pass, then the car attempted to repass you but was unable. He swerved over into your lane and in order to avoid the collision with him, you veered off the roadway. The car caused you to go off the roadway, not the problem you were describing with the motor. A properly running bike may have allowed you to escape from the vehilce but the poor running motor isn't the root cause. I still say take the engine o a reputable independent shop and have them dissamble the motor and document any irregularities. I hope that the bike is fixed appropriately. If I were in your shoes, I would file it on my insurance and go from there.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the day of crash I didn't, not enough time.
But in the past I have.
Drop to 4th and bike would accelerate to reline about 6200 rpm.
upshift (flat level no wind, just me on bike) would immediately lose speed and rpms
down to 80 mph approx.

Day of crash power loss and speed loss was when I hit approx 65 mph, so problem seems to be getting worse AFTER dealer confirmed the problem had been corrected.

ORIGINAL: MCSarge

Coo Coo, did you down shift and still feel that the bike had no power. If your running uphill on a steep grade I will find it necessary sometimes to downshift. I have never experienced the complete loss of power you describe without being in the wrong gear for the type of terrian I was riding.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:46 PM
choochoo
Banned

After boot and ITR and memphis for electronic schooling, I went to Pendleton,
HML 267 we had huey's and ov10 broncos.
Went to DaNang Mag 11 vmo2 had ov10's
Went to Mag 16 hml 367Marble Mountain had hueys, cobras, ch46/7 and ch53
went to Santa Ana had ch47 and ch53
two different units while there hmht 361 and hmt 301
my time in was 1968 -1974
Did a lot of flying, but I also did a lot of hill humping and village patrols
ORIGINAL: MCSarge

Not to change the subject but Choo I see on your avatiar that the rocker says HMLA? what squadron were you with. I was with HMLA 169 and 369 at Camp Pendleton (MAG 39) and MAG 36 in Okinawa (5 tours)

Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 PM
choochoo
Banned

1. Yes the bike is going to be fixed. But at a dealer as it is still under warranty.
2. I have been collecting names of other people that have been experiencing the same
problem. Some have elected to Email me, rather than post here.
about 8 people so far. Takes time to get word out and respond.
As of now the insurance is going to have bike repaired to riding conditions again.
they are also going to file a claim against the Dealer and HD for costs of repairs,
because I have invoices stating the original problem and claims by dealers the complaint
was repaired correctly (obviously it has not been properly repaired).
They and me to support our claim that this may be a widespread problem (or maybe not)
need to hear from others that are also experiencing it.

now about the sumpin. I understand what you're saying. But that should cause a regular
erroneous reading on the stick. My reading is always where it should be.
And if it is as you claim it came that way from the factory.
To best of my knowledge neither dealer has done anything with the oil pump or opened the bottom end.
I figure they are going to find the root problem this time and it will be fixed right.
In the mean time cause I'm on winter layoff (first time in 30 years) I am working on my other scoot. Customizing it it is an 01 flhtci. So am keeping busy.
any luck at all I will be riding it in February. Some graphics won't be done but ridable.
will be posting a tech question on frame mods at appropriate forum later.
and thanks for helpful input
ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

two things are probly gonna happen:
1. youre gonna get your bike fixed, probly by a combo of your insurance and the dealer, and you
2. if you sue, youre gonna get to pay the attorney

a class action takes people to make a class, its clear to me that there aint no people in your class...the responses youre gettin are positive, we're tryin to help by tellin you what and how it's gonna play out...you gotta motorcop/accident investigator, motorheads, level heads, & lots of guys with lots of experience...believe me man, we're all sorry for the mishap...we all make mistakes and maybe you didnt, but the facts as layed out will not exonerate you...they will clear the MOCO & dealer...it seems as tho youre acting/speaking right now on emotion...quit it dude...not bein ugly, tryin to save you some money....

do this, i think its a sumpin prob...thats where the 1" o-ring that seals the pump to the crankcase has a small tear or abberation that allows oil in the crankcase...an HD motor is a dry sump(area under the crank) and if the crank drags oil it will kill power...it could also be a ingition/ecm prob...several things could be the culprit...

take your bike to the best motor builder/tuner you can find...let your insurance pay him to fix the bike both cosmetically and power....have a coke and a smoke and lighten up on the lawsuit unless you just like wasting money

lifes short man, be happy...welcome to the forum...be a part of it