Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

attention any one loss power highway

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: attention any one loss power highway

ORIGINAL: RKGary

Trolling???
what's your point?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 PM
choochoo
Banned

I don't know which ones they put in. They didn't say. and no part number on the invoice.
but the second dealer said they had a dyna (I think) in with the same problem as mine, and that was the case the wrong injectors 8 vs 25.
But the dealer says they checked mine and that is not the case.
ORIGINAL: PhilM

I've heard of the 06's having sputtering and stalling problems, but most have been described @ low speed.

Seems like you indicated that one of the dealerships swapped the injectors. Did they replace them with the "25degree" units or another set of "8degree" injectors.

I recently read something written by someone far smarter than me indication that the injector problem was not necessarilly the 8degree injectors, but variation in flow rate (greater than 2%) between the installed injectors ~ front vs. rear. This kinda makes sense, as some folks "had problems" and some did not.

Sorry I can't offer any wisdom on your problem, as my bagger is an 05. The 06's are quite a bit different, so comparisons would be usless.

Hope they get ya fixed up once & for all.

Good luck!

Old 01-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like the loss of power could be attributed to a faulty repair but crashing as a result of losing power while attempting a pass is rider error. Sue yourself for the crash and the dealership to fix the engine

Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 AM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the wreckage for excess oil in the crankcase. It isn't that hard to tear an oil pump o-ring. You still get plenty of oil pressure, but the crank can't spin up with the sump full.

Old 01-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

sumpin...said it on post 4...good call wbill

Old 01-30-2007, 05:15 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Sounds like you really need an expert witness to look at the ECM and fuel management system-- a faulty one could misread the speed or other inputs and prevent you from accelerating or maintaining a speed.

As for requesting information, I wish you good luck. In fairness to anyone responding, it would probably be helpful to caution them that by responding with information about a similar experiencethey will probably undergo an interview of some kind by you or your attorney and, if a lawsuit if filed, probably be deposed by your attorney and defense counsel. An anonymous or non-anonymous reply here or via email/telephone conversation, etc.will not be admissible evidence or verycredible forsettlement negotiation purposes.If the statute of limitations has not expired since their experience and they had a wreck with or without personal injuries, they may have a suit of their own; but if the s of l has expired, they are probably sol.

Glad you weren't badly injured and I hope everything works out well for you.

Expert witnesses can be expensive, but that's where I think your best bet is as far as showing the probable cause of the experience you had and the failure of the "expert" HD techs to properlyidentify your problem.

Re-read your original post; suggest you edit out the part about running 112-115 mph on your bike prior to experiencing problems, unless you were doing so on a closed course. Also, wouldn't want to admit violating posted speed limit at time of crash. As you describe the event, you were probably on a two lane road when you tried to execute a pass at 65 mph or faster and the bike faltered. In Georgia, we don't have two lane roads with posted speed limits as high as 65; don't know where you crashed but something else to consider and I am sure your lawyer is or has.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:44 AM
choochoo
Banned

info deleted and saved elsewhere

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

you dont get it....we aint had a problem like your talkin about

Old 01-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Woodchuck
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a friend with an '06 Ultra that stumbled and ran poorly off idle. Hehad the injectors changed under warranty (not a recall but one of those "performanceenhancer" deals) that curedthe problem. He never had problems with it pulling at speed.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
BladeMan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you're using bad fuel.

Quick Reply: attention any one loss power highway