Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVO SG to CVO RG Conversion - with pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

He's a new guy to the forum, looking for some info on the conversion process. He responded to me in another thread, and I think he found this thread from my signature.

It's fun reminiscing in this old thread. I still have the bike (could never bring myself to sell it) and it's fun to see how it's continued to evolve since the RG conversion was completed.

I didn't expect to get so much interest in the conversion, but even 4 years later, I still get a few emails/PMs each month asking about it.

The shark tank is getting quite full these days!

Old 11-28-2016, 04:49 PM
GlidinNation
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't looking to beat thread up, just found info to be very helpful. I am looking to do a serious transformation to 2 bikes at once and needed this info, it was very helpful.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:48 PM
antjr2
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redbeard719
He's a new guy to the forum, looking for some info on the conversion process. He responded to me in another thread, and I think he found this thread from my signature.

It's fun reminiscing in this old thread. I still have the bike (could never bring myself to sell it) and it's fun to see how it's continued to evolve since the RG conversion was completed.

I didn't expect to get so much interest in the conversion, but even 4 years later, I still get a few emails/PMs each month asking about it.

The shark tank is getting quite full these days!

I'm sorry to bring this thread back up but I too am doing the conversion. I am new member as well and cant send a pm. I was wondering if you can email me the conversion with pic to my email.......my email is antjrpolo@comcast.net

thanks, you conversion is bad ***!!!!

Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 PM
Murphy832
2nd Gear

Chad, is there anyway you could send me that parts list as well?

The following users liked this post:
Redbeard719 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 07:37 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by Murphy832
Chad, is there anyway you could send me that parts list as well?
Hey Murphy - I would be happy to send it to you. I just need an email address.

Since you're post count is low, you may not be able to PM me. Its up to you if you want to post it on the forum in the thread. It would be pretty permanent since you can only edit posts for a short period of time after posting.

Also, for those looking for pictures, they're still hosted on Photobucket. If you download an add on for your browser called "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix" the picture will show up for you. For now at least...!

Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 PM
Murphy832
2nd Gear

Since you're post count is low, you may not be able to PM me. Its up to you if you want to post it on the forum in the thread. It would be pretty permanent since you can only edit posts for a short period of time after posting.

Also, for those looking for pictures, they're still hosted on Photobucket. If you download an add on for your browser called "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix" the picture will show up for you. For now at least...!
I’ll take my chances on here since I can’t PM you

zmurphy8@live.com

Old 08-27-2020, 12:36 PM
Michael Berkley
Stage I

Redbeard,

Amazing, amazing build. Can you shoot me an email with the parts list please. berx25@msn.com

I am exploring the possibility of converting my 2013 SG to a RG. Would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,

Michael

Old 11-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Kingbt10
Stage III
Default Parts list please kingbt10@yahoo.com I’m getting into my swap as we speak thanks

Can you send me the parts list please thanks kingbt10@yahoo.com
Ah....the cost. That's actually not too bad. I have all new parts in this endeavor, so you might be able to save by finding some take-offs.

Shoot me a PM with your email, and the list is yours. I can't post the Excel spreadsheet on the forum.

Btw, I have all the costs in the spreadsheet from Lake Shore and New Castle. Though for you, you get hit with sales tax from New Castle.

Old 11-10-2020, 06:09 PM
KevO8484
Stage II

Hey Chad, love the build, I would like to do the same to mine. Would greatly appreciate the part list if its still available! kjohnson_8484@yahoo.com

Old 11-19-2020, 12:37 AM
OpenRoad603
Stage I
Default Parts list

I know we've seen other threads on this forum regarding the conversion of a SG to a RG. My project is still ongoing, but I'd like to share my progress as it develops. I have a build thread running on the RoadGlide.org forum - but I've had some interest here, so I thought I share with the rest of the touring family.

Feel free to fire away with questions/comments. For those looking for a parts list, I put together a comprehensive list using the parts book for a 2012 FLTRXSE. I also checked it against the list that others have used here as well.

Since the CVO SG has some different options like ABS, there are some subtle differences. In 2010, the fairing bracket changed as well to accommodate the same lower fairings on all touring bikes.

Enough of the babbling...here are some pictures!

The parts started to pile up pretty fast; even more showed up after this picture was taken:

Couple last pictures of the CVO SG:

do you have a completed parts list

Quick Reply: CVO SG to CVO RG Conversion - with pics