Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone but these stretched bags?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012 | 11:13 AM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Well the quest is on going for these bags

Old 11-16-2012 | 01:20 PM
Loren209
Intermediate

I pulled the trigger on these bags. For the price, I hope I luck out and get a decent set. They are scheduled to arrive 1 st week of December. I'll post up some before an after painting pics, that is if they come out great. If not, I'll post picks of the bags in pieces after I smash em against the wall.

Old 11-16-2012 | 01:36 PM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Nice I like. Thats taking one for the team!!!!! Keep us posted.

Old 11-16-2012 | 04:37 PM
LAWLESS23
Advanced

Originally Posted by Loren209
I pulled the trigger on these bags. For the price, I hope I luck out and get a decent set. They are scheduled to arrive 1 st week of December. I'll post up some before an after painting pics, that is if they come out great. If not, I'll post picks of the bags in pieces after I smash em against the wall.
You beat me to it! Now I'm going to sit around and wait for your posts to make my decision. LOL. Looking forward to your info. Are you going to post in this thread or start a new one?

Old 11-16-2012 | 07:06 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain

I just ordered a set of the Camtech bags for 599... they come primered...and with liners!! Bags look real nice in the pictures.

Old 11-16-2012 | 11:35 PM
ericl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 51Moe
My cousin bought the bags from fairingfactory at a decent price. They are ABS, sturdy, but when painted with no bodywork they look wavy...they also had a line on them that looks like a seam line. That stopped me from getting them. He also bought lids and fender from them which seem to be ok. I think he paid maybe $950 or so for bags, fender, and lids.
The seam is from the mold, and all are going to take some prep work, when I was looking it basically broke down to the higher priced bags required less prep the lower priced bags required more prep, at the end the cost was basically a wash.

Here is before and after paint and prep of my Sinister bags and fender

Old 11-18-2012 | 07:08 AM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Eric bags and fender look great. Know lets see if the 350 bags compare

Old 11-18-2012 | 08:11 AM
ericl
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RadioBob
Eric bags and fender look great. Know lets see if the 350 bags compare
$350 is about half of what I paid, the bags will look great with some prep work. If its going to take a lot of work to make them smooth you will end up paying the same price I did. At the end of the day it's a wash, let us know how much money from the painter for the prep. Good luck and have fun with your build. You might also find out you have to drill larger holes in the bag rails to get things to line up, particularly the exhausts cutt outs.

Old 11-19-2012 | 09:27 PM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Loren let us know when you get them.

Old 11-20-2012 | 12:07 AM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer

Glad I subscribed. I didn't know there were this many companies that do bags and fenders. Keep the info coming

Quick Reply: Anyone but these stretched bags?