Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving from a Street Bob to A Street glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012 | 07:08 AM
CHIPPDOG77
Cruiser

I swithed from a Streetbob to a Glide.I feel like the Glide is alot better balanced and easier to ride than the Bob. I take twisties faster on my Glide than I ever did on the Bob. Enjoy it, and yes, the storage is a definate plus.You will find yourself riding it more just because you can carry stuff.

Old 10-26-2012 | 03:50 PM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Did you guys find you needed to do anything to the shocks on your street glides or left them stock?? I am only about 165 pounds

Old 10-26-2012 | 05:08 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CHIPPDOG77
I swithed from a Streetbob to a Glide.I feel like the Glide is alot better balanced and easier to ride than the Bob. I take twisties faster on my Glide than I ever did on the Bob. Enjoy it, and yes, the storage is a definate plus.You will find yourself riding it more just because you can carry stuff.
What this guy said. But I ride mine 50/50, just kind of depends on what I'm doing or where I'm going.

Originally Posted by RadioBob
Did you guys find you needed to do anything to the shocks on your street glides or left them stock?? I am only about 165 pounds
You won't need to do anything to the shocks, but I bet you'll want to swap out the bars.

I kept my Street Bob.

Old 10-26-2012 | 05:37 PM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Thats sweet that you kept both Yeah bars are on the list to get done sooner then later.

Old 10-26-2012 | 06:17 PM
2 Wheels Up
Cruiser

Went from a Road King to a Street Glide and never looked back.

Old 10-26-2012 | 06:56 PM
Keeper01
Tourer

I traded my 06 FXDBI for my Street Glide about four months ago. My Dyna was a stripped down "club" style hot rod that was fast and fun to ride. I miss the power of the Dyna, but I'm in the process of building the SG to be another hot rod. The SG is definitely a lot more comfortable than the Dyna and its nice having bags, radio, and cruise control. I don't think you'll have any regrets.

Old 10-26-2012 | 07:04 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

Good luck with your purchase and ride safe!!! shinny side up!

Old 10-26-2012 | 07:24 PM
HDJaco
Road Captain

Three weeks ago I went from a Street Bob to a Road Glide Custom and only wish I had made the change sooner. It is an amazing bike, as is the Street Glide. It has a heavy yet extremely nimble feel to it. I loved to push my Bob hard in to the corners and was afraid the big touring bike would not perform but it does...

Old 10-26-2012 | 09:44 PM
RadioBob
|
Road Captain

Can't wait Picking it up this week. What tuner have you all used power commander power vision ???

Old 10-26-2012 | 11:39 PM
LADNAR
Tourer

I went from a fatbob to a SG, and I love it. The only thing I had to get used to was the front end diving with the front brake. I didn't feel that at all with my dyna, but the SG took a little to get used to.
Also, the SG will cost you more.
There's just always something that you'll want to change out on it. It's endless really. Didn't have that problem with the dyna, because I wanted to keep the stripped down look...

Quick Reply: Moving from a Street Bob to A Street glide