Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & M Rokker speakers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:39 AM
Bullitt59
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J & M Rokker speakers

Thinking of installing a set on these on my Ultra Classic. Looking for any inout, good, bad, etc?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not "justifying" my purchase of my Hawg Wired system, but I prefer the sound over the Rokker. I listened to several different setups prior to my purchase. Sound is very subjective. Different genres of music can sound better on one system over another. Not bashing J&M Rokker but or making a commission off Hawg Wired. I would go to Bike Night's or Rally's and listen to a variety of setups. You will find one that will jump out at you. Once you find what setup you want, you should check back here to get feedback on where you can find the best price for what you are looking for. Good luck.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you plan on installing yourself? My dealer wanted $150 to install my amp and speakers. I bought a 12 pack and dug into it myself. Not too difficult. Definitely not $150 difficult.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Chicago Harley Boy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the setups in both my Harleys. The Street Glide I sold I used a Hawgtunes amp 160 watt 2 channel and Rokker 7.25s was very loud and I loved the setup. With my RGU I went with the J&M 4 channel 500 watt amp with the dash 7.25 Rokker XT's and teh rear 5.25 Rokkers. It sounds amazing. Not sure if that helps. I tend to listen to R&B, Hip Hop, Pop so I wanted crisp, clean, tones with decent bass tones as well. I did turn to country and rock station and the guys at the dealership said it was ridiculously loud. However, I run highway quite a bit and I am competing against wind noise, heavy breather sucker, and power duals with slash tips growling. I hear my music perfectly in all those conditions and I have a short windscreen. I am 6'2 as well. I love the setup. I eventually want to get the 7.25 Rokker xt's in my saddlebags and lower vented fairings, but I would have to change my Heavy breather for the speakers to fit in the lower fairings.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:02 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

interesting video here

Old 11-22-2012, 11:19 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the J & M amp and their regular 7.25" speakers (not rokkers). The amp I'm completely content with, but if I were to do it all over I'd find some different and better speakers. Not impressed with them, and they're overpriced as well as far as I'm concerned. And after watching John's video above, all it addresses is decibles, not sound QUALITY. And I'm an owner of J & M's speakers, so you'd think that I'd be inclined to support/back them, but I can't honestly do that. In the video he got about three or four decibles more out of his speakers than the Focals. I listen to my music LOUD, but I rarely if ever turn the volume all the way to the max setting, so to me those last three or four decibles are useless, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice a great quality sounding speaker (if I'm able to find one) to have a couple of unusable decibles (to me). And John, Michael Jackson, really????

Last edited by jeff.georgalas; 11-22-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I just installed the Rokker xt's in the fairing and passenger pods along with their 250 watt amp in my Ultra Limited last week. I did the entire install myself. In my opinion the garage test shows nothing of what a speaker really sounds like. These speakers really come to life when you get on the road. I can cruise at 80 mph with the volume a little over half way up and hear every note in the song. I'll post up some pics of the install once I get on a non work computer. I am 100% statisfied with my J&M rokker xt's.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I have the Rokkers, but I am using the less powerful (and less expensive) Bazooka amp.
I am very happy with my choices. This combination is plenty loud enough and quite clear even on the highway. If I want to I can blast my classic Rock so loud my ears will ring after a couple of hours!
At stop lights, when riding in groups, I have noticed the guy on the bike in front of me butt dancing to my music!
The speakers are very light and 100% water proof.
What more could you ask for?

Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, maybe I have a bad hookup or an improperly adjusted amp because my rokker amp and speakers sound great when listening in the garage but on the highway when turning up close to medium on the radio and it distorts terribly. I'm gonna go in and readjust the amp because I never adjusted it from the factory but right now I am not impressed with this system especially considering that its $700+ with amp and two speakers.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Well, maybe I have a bad hookup or an improperly adjusted amp because my rokker amp and speakers sound great when listening in the garage but on the highway when turning up close to medium on the radio and it distorts terribly. I'm gonna go in and readjust the amp because I never adjusted it from the factory but right now I am not impressed with this system especially considering that its $700+ with amp and two speakers.
It's not your amp and speakers, if you're listening to the radio, it's the interference in the signal that's simply being amplified. Put in a c.d. and see if it sounds the same way. I'll gamble that it doesn't, as I have the same problem. I get a much better sound when listening to c.d.'s or a c.d. that was recorded from MP3's

Quick Reply: J & M Rokker speakers