Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about LED "accent lighting"

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Billfishin2
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fwb35
I had a engine kit done to mine, here are a couple of pics, the wife wanted them and after they did it I liked it to, looks good.

Nice pics, the lights stand out and not gaudy at all.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:46 PM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

I had mine installed by Rumbling Pride out of Florida. They are super bright and the main reason i got them was for more visibility. They cycle through multiple colors so i can use blue when parked and bright white when on the road. They are all over my bike including front wheel, rear of bike over license plate, and under saddle bags. The reflection takes up the entire lane on I-75 going through ATL. Their website is http://www.rumblingpride.com.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
The Cheesehead
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Lighting, for me, has always been a defensive measure that I will not skimp on.

Thinking of the same thing accent lighting for my king. I started with the 3 TL phase 7 lights and custom dynamics directionals up front and went with the Kury Paneca lights in the back...in the run/stop/turn mode for the rear it makes an enormous, ENORMOUS, difference. Going to do the led accents this winter.

Last edited by The Cheesehead; 10-29-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's a pix of some amber leds I wrapped around the rotor covers on my old Ultra. Not sure if you have these or not though. The covers were on the bike when I bought it used to simply adding the strips and wiring them in was no big deal. I think I had about $20 wrapped up in the lights. Those suckers were really bright too.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about LED "accent lighting"-ultra-ambers.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by thomasbynum
Custom Dynamics makes some nice stuff. A little pricey though compared to others.
I have used Joe Florida's stuff on a previous bike.
My current ride has lights from xkglow.com and oznium.com

Some states/ areas are picky about certain color lights. Yellow (amber) would be legal anywhere.
Some places only allow clear/ white lights facing forward.

Here's a couple pics of my current setup. Did it all myself, including led color change in gauges, led's in speaker grills in fairing and bag lids. Added some for the front wheel too which gives a cool color flash as the wheel turns...

Your lighting looks awesome I really like the speaker and especially the gauges. You need to do us all a good by doing a write up of how you did this, please I would like to do my gauges.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:05 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Those lights look noce and definitely will get you noticed.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Billf
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LED Accent Lighting

I also never thought about the LED Accent Lighting as a safety feature, only thought people put it on their bikes for the bling. I was riding home from my daughter's house a couple of weeks ago and passed a couple of guys on bikes, one of which had the acent lighting (blue) on and that's when it hit me - his bike really lit up and was so much more noticible on the road. This was on Southern State Parkway on Long Island which is lighted, but what a difference it made. It can only be better on roads that aren't lighted.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:43 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

OP here

On a related but kinda side note, does anyone know if there are LEDs that I can swap out for the TourPak incandescent bulbs? I wanna be 100% LED here...

Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 PM
jay87LX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine. Joe Florida's 207 light kit. I usually just set it to one color and leave it. I think the law states here that if you do have red or blue on they cannot be flashing or you cannot see the actual source of the light, so the strips up under the fender are ok, Also I noticed someone placed a strip along the bottom of the tank. I would place it up inside where it curves up to go over the center tank bar, and for 2 reason, I don't like seeing the strip, secondly, should you need to remove the strip and it damages the paint and starts to peel it would be less noticable. But anyways.

This is what I am saying about seeing the strips, although you cant see the strip itself you can see the strip in reflection of the chrome exhaust. I am really not a fan of that

Last edited by jay87LX; 10-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Anyone have pics of your white lights?