Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified Top Shop Bags For Baddad Summit Fender?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Powerwagon64
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Modified Top Shop Bags For Baddad Summit Fender?

Hello.
Thank you for viewing my thread!
Looking into the Baddad full replacemnt fender for my 2012 RGU.
Wish to add the Top Shop extended bags with this fender.
I have seen lots of threads where the Baddad fender needs trimming to have a better radius for the exhaust and to match up with pretty much any bags.
Top Shop has tooling to match the Baddad Summit fender?
Who has done this and what way did you go on the bags? Get there regular bags, not modified to match the fender?
Did you have to trim you fender to match your Top Shop bags?

My question is: If I get the standard extended Top Shop bags and the standard Baddad Summit fender with the pair match up? Even if I have to dress / trim the fender, that would be fine. I dont wanna add material to the fender.
Looking for a good match between these two products.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not just call Top Shop?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know if you look at choppedbaggers dot com you will find a lot of guys using these parts that might be alot more helpful for you and the venders are active there too.

I am not trying to get in trouble here with a link to another site, only trying to be helpful to your question.
I dont work there or have any vested interest in sending you anywhere I just know I was able to get a lot of great info on these type things over there more so than here, although I stay here for 90% of everything else.

Top shop makes some awesome products I will say and they are very helpful an answer posts with questions so... cant go wrong if you ask me, just need to find the right combo of parts.
I understand you will need to tweak about anything you buy to do this mod, they recommend having your paint shop do it as they know how to tweak body parts properly for paint a lot of peeps have trouble with that part and end up getting creative and patient or having someone do it for them.

Good luck.
Lump

Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Powerwagon64
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks and Paint.

Originally Posted by lumper
I know if you look at choppedbaggers dot com you will find a lot of guys using these parts that might be alot more helpful for you and the venders are active there too.

I am not trying to get in trouble here with a link to another site, only trying to be helpful to your question.
I dont work there or have any vested interest in sending you anywhere I just know I was able to get a lot of great info on these type things over there more so than here, although I stay here for 90% of everything else.

Top shop makes some awesome products I will say and they are very helpful an answer posts with questions so... cant go wrong if you ask me, just need to find the right combo of parts.
I understand you will need to tweak about anything you buy to do this mod, they recommend having your paint shop do it as they know how to tweak body parts properly for paint a lot of peeps have trouble with that part and end up getting creative and patient or having someone do it for them.

Good luck.
Lump
Lump, Thanks for the response.
I have called Top Shop and they said they have a special set up for the Summit fender but it seems the fender still needs trimmed.Top Shop asked me if I thought they should bother tooling there bags different for the fender that seems adjusted either way.
Top Shop is definetely the bags I will buy, so many rave reviews and my communication with them has went very well.
They did say they can not paint my bags for me as the new bikes use water base paints and they are not set up for that.
Top Shop is working on a full replacement fender!!
I will check out that other site!!
Thanks for an informative post!!