Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to order a seat from Corbin but.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 AM
onefastcorvette
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Want to order a seat from Corbin but.....

I just bought a 2013 CVO Road King, I love the bike but need to move lower and a bit forward, I've done my homework and it appears they (Corbin) have just the seat to get the job done but I need to know if there has been any changes from 09' that would affect the fitment of a new seat? Does anyone know if changes were made? Corbin doubts it but they have not gotten their hands on a new CVO RK.

Thanks for any insights!! Mike

Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Damn that bike is beautiful!! Wish I could help you with your question! Just had to voice my opinion about that RK

Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

my experience with Corbin is that their CS is not really "support or service".

I had a poor experience with one of their seats and the problem was only compounded by the reps with whom I dealt.

My last letter to Mike Corbin promised that I would never hesitate to tell of my experience with Corbin.

other riders have had better product delivered, or better CS remedies to problems.

In my case they got my $600 and I got stuck with a seat that was pretty much unusable, which then fell apart...

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 10-11-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One Awesome Bike...

Doubt there were any changes, never had a Corbin seat, good luck...and GRATZ on a awesome looking bike!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

My Corbin has been fine for over a decade. Mike, there are other ways of achieving what you want, by altering your current seat. There is a company who custom modify seats and get plenty of support in here. I don't recall their name, but I'm sure a customer will chip in soon!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a company who custom modify seats and get plenty of support in here. I don't recall their name, but I'm sure a customer will chip in soon!
I think you are referring to Mean City Cycle. They do a super job on modifying any seat to your liking.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:58 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
I think you are referring to Mean City Cycle. They do a super job on modifying any seat to your liking.
Thanks - that's them!

Old 10-11-2012, 06:06 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent my seat from my Street Glide to Mean City and was extremely satisfied with the end product.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 AM
ITOLDU
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Corbin

As others have stated you can get what you want WITHOUT having to buy a Corbin. I have owned 2, primarily for the backrest feature for driver and passenger. While I am saving my back my *** says something totally different.

Good luck and GREAT LOOKING KING!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 AM
onefastcorvette
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the advise and kind words about the RK, it's some serious eye candy. Actually I already contacted Mean City and Allen told me that he would not be able to modify that new CVO seat because of the way they are made? Allen recommend either C&C or Corbin. Gee......I'm starting to get second thoughts about Corbin, I have some back issues and really like to have a back-rest, if anyone has some advise or experience to share I'm all ears. Thanks again!! Mike

Quick Reply: Want to order a seat from Corbin but.....