Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy Cager Encounter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:50 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Position Yourself Better

Originally Posted by waternut
Well today I was sitting at a traffic light at a busy intersection. I noticed a Crown Vic coming up behind. I was getting ready to dump the clutch and get the h--l out of the way when this clown pulled up beside me IN MY LANE and stopped.
I'm not trying to be a wise *** - but - this incident was MOSTLY your fault. When stopped at an intersection YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO BE POSITIONED AGGRESSIVELY IN YOUR LANE TO "CLAIM YOUR TURF"! If you don't give the *** wipes a chance to move in on you, for the most part they won't. I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Some lady pulled up along side me to ask for directions. I rode off but the cop behind her pulled her over. Non riders are oblivious!

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 10-06-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Idiots are every where that is why we have to watch out for them.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM
hawg20
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was at Bike Week in Myrle Beach and traffic was bad. Was at a traffic light in the left turn lane and a woman was going straight, the turn lane was backed up so I was still partially in the straigt lane. She tried to squeeze thru and was about 2 inches from my foot. Wanted to kick her door in but my wife calmed me down, she has a cooler head than me and keeps me out of trouble. The older I get the shorter the fuse, I need help!! I keep telling myself that I'm getting smarter and everyone else is getting dumber, don't know if it's true or not, but it makes me feel better.

Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I'm not trying to be a wise *** - but - this incident was MOSTLY your fault. When stopped at an intersection YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE TO BE POSITIONED AGGRESSIVELY IN YOUR LANE TO "CLAIM YOUR TURF"! If you don't give the *** wipes a chance to move in on you, for the most part they won't. I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Some lady pulled up along side me to ask for directions. I rode off but the cop behind her pulled her over. Non riders are oblivious!
Well I for one disagree that it was "mostly" the OPs fault that the cager drove into the OPs lane at an intersection.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Armstronges
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulhog
I know a guy (I swear it's not me) who wouldn't hesitate punching out the cars' driver side mirror in cases like this. Needless to say, I don't ride with this guy anymore, but it was ****ing funny to watch! I do not condone the destruction of others' property... Unless it's usefull as a reminder of who they could have killed.
I'm that guy.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:21 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know the type, car-carrying members of the "Get The Hell Outa My Way" generation. Their destination, agenda, whatever is more important that yours. So move over

Old 10-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paulhog
I know a guy (I swear it's not me) who wouldn't hesitate punching out the cars' driver side mirror in cases like this. Needless to say, I don't ride with this guy anymore, but it was ****ing funny to watch! I do not condone the destruction of others' property... Unless it's usefull as a reminder of who they could have killed.
I can see that happening...

Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 AM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,443 Likes on 8,420 Posts

If you want to find out how stupid motorist are just ride a motorcycle. Don't ya just love riding down the interstate at 75mph and some dipshit slowly pulls up on you on the passing lane and as soon as the clear your front wheel they pull over into your lane even though there is no car within a mile in front of you. It's usually a woman on a cell phone.

It all comes with riding a motorcycle. Get use to it.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM
fmf979
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whip?

I know a guy that has a 3 foot long whip with a quick detach off his clutch lever. when motorists get to close he gives them a smack. I was thinking of getting one. Anyone ever saw that?

Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by sr_smyth
Had someone do that to me at 65 on the I5 south of LA, just plain pulled up right beside me. "What the &$*& are you doing" i said to her. She gives me a wtf face, flips me the bird and rolls the window up and stays there, like 12" of my right elbow

i mean really, wth is wrong with these idiots
I think that would be legal as lane sharing goes both ways.

Quick Reply: Crazy Cager Encounter!