Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag Fillers-Will they work with antenna relocation kit? Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012 | 07:22 AM
wheelman38
|
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
Harley sells the Antenna Relocation Kit (76561-09). This kit moves the antenna from the location between the saddlebags and rear fender. It allows you to easily switch between your detachable Tour-PakŪ luggage, a detachable passenger backrest, or the clean look of a stock FLHT or FLTR. The antenna does not come out of the holes in the filler. But is extended behind the saddlebags. Fits '09-later FLHX, FLTR, FLTRU and FLTRX models (except FLTRUSE, FLTRXSE/2, FLTRSE3/4 and FLHXSE/2/3 models) equipped with Detachable Two-Up Luggage Rack P/N 54215-09. Does not fit with Nostalgic Saddlebag Guard Rail Kit P/N 91286-10.

I used it on my Road Glide with the rear fascia because the antenna came under the Tour Pak when installed. I later moved the antennas in the fairing because I found the antennas got in the way when I removed and installed the Tour Pak.

Here is a link to the Harley installation instructions.
Concise and correct. Thank you very much!

Old 01-12-2013 | 01:48 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Antenna Relocation

Originally Posted by dansflhti
If you relocated your antenna to between the bag and fender,you're gonna need to mount it somewhere else.For a short time I removed the rails on my 09 Classic and installed the filler strips,I mounted the antenna to the fender strut using the mounting bracket from a CVO Street Glide.
I have a 2012 FLHTK with the saddlebag fillers already installed. I just ordered the detach kit for my tour pak and also ordered the Ultra harness kit which includes the CB antenna relocation kit and lighting harness.

Do you have a part number for the CVO mounting bracket?

Thanks

Bob

Old 01-12-2013 | 01:52 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a fairing antenna, works well except in the country BUT i use 99% of the time my ipod so......

Old 01-12-2013 | 09:14 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by GPGXP
I have a 2012 FLHTK with the saddlebag fillers already installed. I just ordered the detach kit for my tour pak and also ordered the Ultra harness kit which includes the CB antenna relocation kit and lighting harness.

Do you have a part number for the CVO mounting bracket?

Thanks

Bob
Sorry I don't have the bag or box the bracket came in,so no part #.The dealer looked it up and ordered it for me a couple years ago.

Old 01-12-2013 | 09:28 PM
bent trix
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pit1600
I use a fairing antenna, works well except in the country BUT i use 99% of the time my ipod so......
I also use the fairing power antenna. It works perfect, but it is for FM only. It doesn't pick up AM stations. My stereo is Bluetooth, so most of the time I use Pandora off my phone.

Old 04-14-2013 | 08:59 PM
GPGXP
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wheelman38
I am thinking about getting saddlebag fillers for my FLHTK. I have to tour pac relocation kit installed along with the antenna relocation kit.
Will the saddlebag fillers interfere with the antenna location when the tour pac is off. It looks to me that the fillers do not have an access port for the antennas. any ideas?
Hi Wheelman38

I don't know if you have found a way to install the filler strips and still use the antenna relocation kits that came with TP detach kit. If you haven't I just completed mine today. I already had the filler strips installed before I purchased the TP detach kit and I did not want to give them up as they look real good on the bike. I found a Pingel Kit # 62145 antenna relocation kit that works with the filler strips. Their bracket is a very simple design. So simple I made my own from 1" X 1/8' flat aluminum stock, one for the radio and one for the CB. With both antennas being mounted below the fillers I can leave the antennas on always with the tour pak on or off so there is no need to play around with the antenna wires each time you want to take you tour pak off or back on. Worked like a charm for me and it looks OEM as well and cost about $5.00 and three hour of my time.

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebag Fillers-Will they work with antenna relocation kit? Help-p1020912.jpg   Saddlebag Fillers-Will they work with antenna relocation kit? Help-p1020913.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013 | 10:10 PM
Greg Anderson
Advanced

I was wondering if one could use the rubber grommets from a street glides setup and just put holes in the fillers in the location used by streets life?

Old 12-14-2014 | 03:15 PM
lloydsteve
6th Gear
Default is the cb and FM antenna cable long enough

Hello.
I am doing exactly the same setup as yours. I'm wondering about the length of the cable. Did you have to use extenders?

Originally Posted by GPGXP
Hi Wheelman38

I don't know if you have found a way to install the filler strips and still use the antenna relocation kits that came with TP detach kit. If you haven't I just completed mine today. I already had the filler strips installed before I purchased the TP detach kit and I did not want to give them up as they look real good on the bike. I found a Pingel Kit # 62145 antenna relocation kit that works with the filler strips. Their bracket is a very simple design. So simple I made my own from 1" X 1/8' flat aluminum stock, one for the radio and one for the CB. With both antennas being mounted below the fillers I can leave the antennas on always with the tour pak on or off so there is no need to play around with the antenna wires each time you want to take you tour pak off or back on. Worked like a charm for me and it looks OEM as well and cost about $5.00 and three hour of my time.

Old 12-14-2014 | 03:39 PM
sh4325
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a 2015 Road Glide. I removed the antenna bracket. Took the antenna and routed it up under the seat and up under the gas tank. Bought another rubber plug for the hole in the rear fender fascia and every thing works great and no whip antenna showing. Price of the modification....zero.