Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated clothing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Another happy Gerbings owner here. Jacket liner, T5 gloves and dual controller. Lifetime warranty. Had one glove go out last year and repaired under warranty with no questions and a quick turnaround.

Don't know anything about Tour Master.....

Whatever you decide, I would suggest buying the full jacket liner rather than the vest so you can more easily plug in the gloves that you will add later.

The HD stuff is Gerbing with an HD logo..I think. Also, most BMW dealers carry the Gerbings.
Yep I have same set up. Sent the liner in once and my T5 gloves are there now for warrenty. Great stuff!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

wife and i have Firstgear jacket, pant liner, gloves and sox. Im ok with all except the pant liner. When you turn the temp up there are hot spots on my quads. i have to wear an old pair of sweat pants that i cut off around the knees. I need to have those between me and the liner otherwise just to hot on my legs.

the xtra large gloves were still kinda small/ tight.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

HD branded jacket and gloves here.
Bought the gloves back in 2006 and still working great (Can't say the same thing about my buddies heated grips)
Bought the jacket last year and dual controller during a 20% off sale

Can ride into the teens if I want
I have lowers on the bike during the winter

Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 PM
boatwake
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the TourMaster and happy with it. I went with the TourMaster to save on buying a controller (it's integrated in). I also use PowerLet glove liners that plug into the TourMaster sleeves. When it's time to get a new jacket liner, I'll be going with the PowerLet liner. http://www.powerlet.com/shop-by-prod...FUNl7AodAFMdAw

Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Tedjay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I have Gerbings jacket liners, G3 gloves, and dual controllers. We really like 'em.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the H-D brand, made by Gerbing jacket liner. I dont know why I waited so long to get it. Excellent product

Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 PM
titched
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Gerbing liner and the HD dual controller. Best investment I made. Riding in the winter is so much nicer now. I wear a turtleneck or thermal shirt, the liner and my leather and I'm toasty warm. I think I'm going to get the Gerbing gloves this year. You won't be disappointed.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tourmaster vest. Works as advertized and Ive never had it above medium. If BMW riders use the Gerbings then thats good enough reason for me not to.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Riich
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I also have the warmnsafe heated jacket liner, and love it. In fact, we have a high of 45 degrees forecast for Saturday but I am going to saddle up and head to the dealer 130 miles away to get my voltage regulator replaced. Hopefully the VR lasts for the ride! Once you have heat, you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 AM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

as a follow up to my above post, I tried to work with Firstgear on replacing the pant liner that had hot spots. They directed me back to the dealer. Went to the dealer who plugged the pants in and told me there was nothing wrong with them. Went back to Firstgear and relayed the info back to them on what i had done at the dealer. firstgear never responded back.
Conclusion: their customer service / support is not good and you should not expect help from them if you have a problem

Quick Reply: Heated clothing