Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cagers - hehehe

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:05 PM
layne
|
Cruiser
Default Cagers - hehehe

So, Sunday was gorgeous and we decided to go for a family ride. We were headed down this open two lane country road and I waved everyone past me so it ended up with the two sons leading with the wife and me in the back. A couple miles later we came upon this car that was sitting on the shoulder of the road (probably taking a picture of a church that was right there). There was a semi headed toward us so we couldn't change lanes to pass. We all started pulling to the left edge of our lane to go around the car. Right at the last second the car pulled out in front of us. We all had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the car and each other. We formed back up behind the car again, all of us giving the driver in front of us the mean bad-azz biker look... Then an interesting thing happened. It was like they thought we were a band of four outlaw bikers or something. The speed limit on that stretch of road was 70mph and we kept up with them up to that speed but they kept on accelerating. They must have been doing 100mph+ when they finally disappeared from sight. We came to a straight stretch of road a couple miles later where we could see for another couple miles and the car was no where to be seen. I don't know if they pulled in to a field behind a hay stack or something or just hauled azz out of the county! I guess four loud Harleys with four angry looking bikers staring in their rear view mirror made quite the impression!

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:18 PM
Mark_H
Road Master

Hopefully they were scared shitless. Maybe it will help them to remember to look next time.

On a comical note...I was heading home the other night about 10 pm. Was following the dreaded buick the a little old lady driving about 5 under the speed limit. No big deal for me, I wasn't in a rush and had no one behind me so I just hung back and enjoyed the cruise. Followed her into a left turn lane with a red arrow that had a loop detector. She stopped about 5 ft before the loop detector. This is about a 1/4 mile from my house so I know damn well this light won't change if she doesn't pull up to the line. I give her about 2 minutes to figure it out and when she doesn't, I get off my bike to walk up and tell her to pull up. Walked up there, knocked on her window and this lady freaked! Immediately floored it around the turn just about going off the road into the trees. I just stood there and laughed my *** off. Guess I'm scary looking.

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:29 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Maybe they thought you were Cholla from the black widows. Funny story

Old 10-02-2012 | 10:30 PM
layne
|
Cruiser

That is funny! Reminds me of last summer, the wife and I were going for an afternoon ride to another town over the Great Divide to get a malt or have lunch or something. Anyway, we were out of town on this narrow two lane with no shoulders. We came up behind this old lady doing about 45 in a 70 zone. There was traffic coming toward us and we weren't in a huge hurry either so we were just putting along behind her waiting for plenty of room to pass. All of a sudden the lady flicks on her right blinker, jacks the brakes and drives into the borrow pit on the right! We had to swerve around her to avoid hitting her back bumper and then slowed down going to stop and see if she was okay but by the time we looked in our mirrors she was already pulling back up onto the road... Some crazy crap, it is nice to have them pull out of the way sometimes instead of pulling in to the way!

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:07 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mark_H
Hopefully they were scared shitless. Maybe it will help them to remember to look next time.

On a comical note...I was heading home the other night about 10 pm. Was following the dreaded buick the a little old lady driving about 5 under the speed limit. No big deal for me, I wasn't in a rush and had no one behind me so I just hung back and enjoyed the cruise. Followed her into a left turn lane with a red arrow that had a loop detector. She stopped about 5 ft before the loop detector. This is about a 1/4 mile from my house so I know damn well this light won't change if she doesn't pull up to the line. I give her about 2 minutes to figure it out and when she doesn't, I get off my bike to walk up and tell her to pull up. Walked up there, knocked on her window and this lady freaked! Immediately floored it around the turn just about going off the road into the trees. I just stood there and laughed my *** off. Guess I'm scary looking.
LMAO.... thats some funny ****.

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:33 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member

Did any of you honk, gesture or rev?

What kind of car was it?

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:57 AM
drukanfu
Supporter

I'm think'in it's cause most of the folks around say...65yrs old and on up, before the " You meet the nices people on a Honda " BS in the late 60s they only knew bikers as outlaws or some real badass dudes, which they were !, around here anyways. Even as a kid on a farm in a small town when some Harleys were parked outside a saloon, they were the only ones in it.
I wanted a bike real bad because one of my friends had an old stripped down Pan Head his Dad gave him to get the cows with and he let me ride it once in a while. That's what started my love for Harleys.
My parents wound'nt let me have one while I lived in their house. Said they didn't want me to grow up that way and what would people say !
Finally about 10 yrs. latter, I bought a trailer house .....and a Sporty !
Things have changed for the better, still outlaws around but you can ride without colors if you choose. It's a good thing for that because I wasn't good at be'in a badass, I just wanted to ride !

Old 10-03-2012 | 06:04 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey thanks for the morning laugh guys. Darn near had the coffee coming out the nose.

Old 10-03-2012 | 06:20 AM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member

Good story! They are probably still hauling and not looking back!!

Old 10-03-2012 | 06:45 AM
layne
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Did any of you honk, gesture or rev?

What kind of car was it?
I don't think we did anything overtly threatening, had fists full of levers though one or both of my boys might have flipped fingers (they are both kinda prone to that), we did make a little Harley thunder while we re-geared and stuff and I did yell out "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F*&^%$G KIDDING ME!!!" but by the time we were in a place where we could pass they were pulling away from us at warp speed...

It was one of those little androgynous station wagon/sport utilities... I think it was a Subaru. So, keep an eye out for a freaked out person driving a gray mini-SUV at high speeds and looking in their rear view!

Quick Reply: Cagers - hehehe