Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cagers - hehehe

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012 | 06:55 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Had a cage'r try to murder the wife and me in Yellowstone last week. Had oncoming traffic and cars behind me at 45 mph +\- when a guy in a white Honda cage without so much as a glance pulled out from a turnout into the lane 20 feet in front of me and stop next the the car that was in front of him in the turnout for one last look blocking the whole lane. What happened next is top secret but the look of terror on his face and his high pitched yelp as we met convinced me he was sorry. Other cage'rs were more then happy to wait while we discussed and worked out our differences.

No damage was done so we left with a firm reprimand.

Last edited by Glockmeister; 10-03-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2012 | 08:32 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Cager's guilt manifests itself in the oddest ways.

Glad you and your family didn't have a different story ending in that situation.

My air horns saved me from an encroaching blazer yesterday. I was in heavy traffic and as I pulled up to the rear corner of the blazer in the next lane over I saw them moving slowly into the side of me. I was ready for it and dropped back to stay out of their way. As soon as I saw their tires cross the white line I laid on the air horn and they immediately swung back into their lane.

As fate would have it we stopped side by side just a second or so later at a red light. The driver gal was being very apologetic, and even the dude passenger added how sorry they were for almost crowding me into the curb. I could see they were really sorry and almost fearful of what I might do. Yeah right, park my bike in traffic and give them a good lecture ... NOT. I looked over and calmly said I was just fine and Sh*t happens and chalked it up to being glad I was looking out for the problem before it happened.

Man, I love my air horns!

Old 10-03-2012 | 09:58 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

I commute every day in heavy traffic and always wear a reflective vest and run my spot lights. I still ride like the invisible man and there is always some idiot driving like he/she's blindfolded or has a death wish. I have yet to figure out where the hell someone can be in such a hurry to get to that they need to risk lives. I like my job, but not sso much I am willing to risk my life to get there.

Funny, but I have yet to see if there is any correlation between vehicle type and level of idiocy. I want to think mini vans or suv's are the worst offenders because of the stereotypical parent careening through traffic with screaming curtain climbers in the back seat but this isn't the case. I just stay the hell away from everybody and apply a healthy dose of throttle to wake them up...

Old 10-03-2012 | 11:27 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

We moved to Texas in 2000. The first 8 years we lived here my wife and I had her car and my truck ran into 10 times between us.
Bikers think this just happens to bikers, there are idiot cage drivers that will run into anything.
Be careful out there.

Old 10-03-2012 | 12:58 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior

some funny stuff, but glad to hear that everyone was safe!

Old 10-03-2012 | 02:01 PM
mnclassic
Cruiser

Had a similar experience with a "soccer mom" on Saturday. She looks and pulls right out in front of me anyway. So I pull up close behind her on the left-hand side of the lane so I can look her right in the eyes in the rearview mirror. I give her the badass biker look. I could see in her face she was really not too sure what I was going to do and was squirming in her seat. So at the last stop before my turnoff, I pull up along side of her and said "have a nice day ma'am". I really don't like to leave cagers with the wrong impression of someone on a motocycle but I just couldn't resist the urge to have a little fun with her.

Old 10-03-2012 | 02:07 PM
buggin02
Road Captain

Glad everyone is okay. Too bad folks can't "put down the camera, hangup the phone, stop putting on makeup, shaving, eating cereal etc...etc.." long enough to drive.

Old 10-03-2012 | 02:16 PM
So-Cal Street Glide
Road Captain

I had a woman cross over the double yellow lines and almost push me into a truck, I took her mirror off in the attempt to not lay the bike down. She just continued on and I had to chase her down to get her info, her excuse? she was late picking up her kids. never once apologized for almost killing me and leaving my family without a father/husband. Her insurance co fixed eveything and more because they were so embarrased by her actions.

Old 10-03-2012 | 03:09 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by So-Cal Street Glide
I had a woman cross over the double yellow lines and almost push me into a truck, I took her mirror off in the attempt to not lay the bike down. She just continued on and I had to chase her down to get her info, her excuse? she was late picking up her kids. never once apologized for almost killing me and leaving my family without a father/husband. Her insurance co fixed eveything and more because they were so embarrased by her actions.
I gotta call BS on this one - it's not possible to embarrass an insurance company!

Old 10-03-2012 | 03:18 PM
blackjeep
Tourer

riding my last bike (flat black vrod) in town, pulling up to a light in the left hand lane when a minivan to my right just moves over (guess i was in blindspot) narrow miss...van ends up in front of me stopped at light...looking through back window and see wife in passenger side screaming at and slapping husband (driver) in head. Laughed my *** off...

Quick Reply: Cagers - hehehe