Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Ultra stock headlight connector wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts
Default 09 Ultra stock headlight connector wiring.

I need help here. I have an issue connecting a HID kit to the HD headlight female connector. For whatever reason, when I plug the male connector of the HID harness into the stock headlight 3-prong female connector, my driving lights are on in high beam and in low beam. They shouldn't be coupled with high beam. If I use my stock H4 bulb, the driving lights work fine, so the problem comes from the relay harness for the HID bulb.

My question is the following: Anyone can tell me what color wire goes to where in the headlight 3-prong connector? There's a white (high beam), a yellow (low beam) and a black wire (ground I guess) going to the connector but I can't tell which one is connected to what connector.
What color wire goes to the left spade connector, what color wire goes to the center spade connector, and what color wire goes to the right spade connector, looking at the front of the connector where the bulb plugs in. I don't want to break open the connector to find out so I'm relying on your knowledge.

Once I know that, I'll be able to match the wires from the HID harness. It has a white, a red and a black wire and of course, no documentation to help.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 10-02-2012 at 07:42 PM.