Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot or V&H Power Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012 | 01:54 PM
Rollon
|
Road Master
Default Jackpot or V&H Power Duals?

I have a 2012 RG and I'm looking at installing Jackpots or V&H Power Duals. I'd like inputs on which you have/prefer and why you chose the exhaust system you have. Any performance change info you have would also be very useful!

Thanks much!

Old 10-02-2012 | 02:45 PM
A Whole lotta Rosey
Cruiser

Purchased '11 Ultra Limited last April. Bike had to be a rental b/c it had 20k miles and was still stock (who puts 20k miles on a HD and leaves it stock?). Anyway, the first MOD a did was to a complete stage 1 (AN Bigger Sucker, SE Power Tuner/dyno tuned, V&H Power Duels and V&H 4" round slips). The dealer recommended the AN over any other AC (including HD's AC); I liked the sound of the V&H 4" rounds... so when deciding about the head pipes, really all I wanted was to get rid of the damn cat. Dealer said the Power Duels would add low end. After the inst I am very pleased. Sounds great and my numbers did jump about 12% across the board. Good Luck

Old 10-02-2012 | 03:02 PM
Energy-Dude
Tourer

I have the Jackpot headpipe and like it. Based on reading here there have been reports that the Jackpot makes a little more power and you can drag the Power Duals in a hard right turn. For most people it comes down to looks, bowtie heatshield on the Vance and Hines or stock heatshields on the Jackpot.

Old 10-02-2012 | 03:15 PM
equandt
Road Warrior

I think both systems make good power. You may be splitting hairs to say one makes more power than the other.

I bought the Jackpot head pipe for a few reasons. The first reason is that it is a one piece stainless steel part. It also uses the stock heat shields. This is nice because it installs easy and looks stock when installed. I also liked the stainless steel construction. From my drag / street racing days, stainless steel headers were usually top of the line.

The second reason, I bought the Jackpot head pipe was the Fuelmoto service. Those guys are a small shop and they appreciate every customer. They go to extrodinary lengths to make their customers happy. I have nothing but great things to say about the FM crew.

I don't want to take away from V&H. They are a great company and I have used and loved their products in the past, but for my Ultra and for my Road Glide, they both get Jackpot head pipes.

Good luck.

Old 10-02-2012 | 03:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

The V&H and Jackpot head pipes are both great pipes, however they are pretty different. Our Jackpot head pipes are constructed completely from 304 stainless while the V&H is mild steel. Jackpot head pipes carry a Lifetime Warranty, V&H offers a 90 day warranty. Our pipe also has both 12mm and 18mm bungs which will support factory and aftermarket wideband sensors and we include plugs for them as well.

The main difference performance wise in the collector, the Jackpot pipe uses a true merge collector, our pipes are completely CNC formed which not only will flow better as there are less joints and welds, but it allows us to use only 5 sections of tubing instead of many more sections welded together. The V&H pipe uses a collector which is actually 2 pieces of sheet metal which are stamped and are welded around the outside. Overall the V&H PowerDual is a pretty good pipe for the money considering it comes with heat shields and performs as advertised.

Jackpot true merge collector

V&H PowerDuals collector

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-02-2012 | 03:45 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the fact that Fuel Moto's is stainless steel, has a lifetime warranty & looks stock using stock heat shields. I like my bike's to look the way I feel HD "should have" done them. That bowtie looking thing on the V&H Power Duals with their logo stamped on it, well, let's just say I don't care for that look.

Old 10-02-2012 | 04:01 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Im running the Power Duals but if I were to do it over Id go with the Jackpot head pipe. Better quality, I like the stock look and they dont scrape like my Power Duals do on hard right sweepers

Old 10-02-2012 | 04:17 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior

Glad to see this thread, had the same questions as well one about the stock headpipe and stripping out the cat. Seems the last is not a option if you want to maintain torque as it opens a whole new can of worms on too free flowing exhaust, needs some restriction and the Jackpots supply that.

Old 10-02-2012 | 04:45 PM
jay87LX
Tourer

Can the Jackpot/Fuelmoto headpipe be added alone without a larger volume air cleaner or a muffler other than stock. I am on the website and it shows a dyno chart that was done on a 103" Ultra Limited and everything else was stock.
My main reason is to get rid of the ridiculous amount of heat that comes off of the exhaust. Then at a later time when money allows I would get new mufflers and then an air cleaner and tune.

Last edited by jay87LX; 10-02-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2012 | 04:50 PM
Rollon
|
Road Master
Default Ceramic vs SS Jackpots

Any info on the heat reduction when adding the ceramic coatings?

Quick Reply: Jackpot or V&H Power Duals?