Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC seat and weight of rider

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Radical
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RKC seat and weight of rider

I was thinking of switching out the seat on my RKC however a friend of mine said that he would wait to do so because I'm not a real large man, about 175 lbs, and he says those who are heavier (not fat, just heavier)are the ones with the problems. He says the lighter guys generally do well with the seat. What's your weight and have you switched out the stock seat? Is anyone out there comfortable on the stock seat and if not why doesn't HD build a seat that is comfortable, after all it is a "touring" bike?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:33 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RKC seat and weight of rider

I have a Classic, Not a Road King but I know a lot of people don't like the seat on those either. I am just fine with it. I have done 500-600 miles a day with no problems. It sounds like we are about the same size.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:35 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a RK Classic and weigh about 225(all muscle...) and I swapped my stock seat for a Sundowner. The stock seat would make my azz go numb after two hours. After I switched to the Sundowner I've had no problems on long rides.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I go only about 200 and I had the same problem as petemac. The stock seat was fine for a little bit but after about an hour or so my *** would go numb. I went withthe Sundowner on my RK Classic and I love it.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find the Sundowner TOO comfortable...have to pull over for a nap every 500 miles!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

I find the Sundowner TOO comfortable...have to pull over for a nap every 500 miles!
What? Are you into more of an Iron Madien style seat then?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM
whateva
Tourer

I'm not a very large man either at 118 pounds. I had the same promblem as the others. I switched to the sundowner. It may not be the most stylish but in the comfort department it has to be second too none.
Oh and did I say 118? I meant 255. I was going to enter the Mr. Olympia contest but I have way too much fat.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm about 220lbs. My stock seat gets to me around 70 miles. But your friend is right try it 1st before you buy a new one.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Rich720
3rd Gear

I am about 160 pounds and its 25 minutes to work, and all is well for that much time, but after 45 minutes I am uncomfortable and antsy. I too am looking for a new seat.

Rich
2006 RKC

Old 01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was thinking of switching out the seat on my RKC however a friend of mine said that he would wait to do so because I'm not a real large man, about 175 lbs, and he says those who are heavier (not fat, just heavier)are the ones with the problems. He says the lighter guys generally do well with the seat. What's your weight and have you switched out the stock seat? Is anyone out there comfortable on the stock seat and if not why doesn't HD build a seat that is comfortable, after all it is a "touring" bike?
Are you uncomfortable now? If not, why change? If you are uncomfortable, I'm not sure where your weight factors in.

Quick Reply: RKC seat and weight of rider