Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat Dilhemma

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 12:56 PM
wingt50dw
Road Master
Default RE: Mustang Seat Dilhemma

I have the regal pillow 1 piece 2 up seat on my RK and it is very comfortable, I also have the Mustang rider backrest...I am 6'2" and weigh 330...I have never had the other model to compare, but there is no complaints with mine, especially after I added the rider backrest. MY ol'lady likes her part of the seat, also.

Old 01-26-2007 | 04:01 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

I just bought the Regal for my '05 RK Classic. Should arrive any day now.

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:21 PM
celtic king
Cruiser

I would need to agree with Cohiba Joe as being one of the members suffering from lower back pain due to 5 herniated discs (WTF and don't ask you do not want to go thru it) anyways I went from a stock seat, to a badlander on my 2004 RK, realizing I would be limited to choices for both comfort & support, I went with the Mustang solo seat with detachable / adjustable back rest for a gift to myself for xmas.....I have to say it is the best purchase thus far besides the bike its self, comfortable OHYEAH.could not ask for more (ran me $399.00 buy now price on e-bay(BIKERHEAVEN)) then a short seat bib to cover the bolt down area on the fender only $8.00 mustang.

I don't ride 2 up cause the wife has own 05 deluxe so solo seat worked fine

Celtic King
2004 Road King
So. California

Old 01-26-2007 | 10:39 PM
KingsJester
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice and the friendly welcomes. Looks like I'm going to go with the Smooth Touring. Geez there are so many things to buy for these bikes!!! I can think of 20 things off the top of my head. Thanks guys.
Andy

Old 01-26-2007 | 11:03 PM
Bill918
Road Captain

I have the Mustang solo with the removable backrest. No problem doing 10 hours in the saddle

Old 01-26-2007 | 11:31 PM
Inforit
Road Captain

I had the regal seat with the backrest and it was a very comfortable seat. I wanted a solo seat so I sold the regal and bought the mustang solo with the backrest. Can't go wrong with mustang but then again everyone's **** is different. Good luck with your choice.

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:42 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

well ya get whatcha ya ****-k for!

Old 01-27-2007 | 12:16 PM
KingsJester
|
Intermediate

Sounds like whatever I get, the backrest is a damned good idea, huh? Doesn't Mustang make a solo seat, that allowsyou to quickly attach a passenger seat? That would seem ideal for me. I mostly ride alone, and I love the downward slope of the RKC rearend. It would be a shame to attach a permanent backrest just for that rare occasion I'm riding 2 up. Any suggestions? (doesn't have to be Mustang, as long as it's incredibly comfortable.)
Andy

Old 01-27-2007 | 12:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member

Smooth solo w/rider backrest & passenger pillion for me..... I've had this setup on my last 3 baggers and the equivilent Heritage version on Wifey's old bike. "For me", the Mustang is hard to beat.

Old 01-27-2007 | 12:54 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Well mine can be either solo or with passenger seat. To take the pass. seat off you just remove the rear screw holding the seat on and pull it back off the attachment just behind the front seat. Takes all of 5 minutes. With a fender bib it looks awesome. Check here....http://www.mustangseats.com/dyna/dyna.shtml

ORIGINAL: KingsJester

Sounds like whatever I get, the backrest is a damned good idea, huh? Doesn't Mustang make a solo seat, that allowsyou to quickly attach a passenger seat? That would seem ideal for me. I mostly ride alone, and I love the downward slope of the RKC rearend. It would be a shame to attach a permanent backrest just for that rare occasion I'm riding 2 up. Any suggestions? (doesn't have to be Mustang, as long as it's incredibly comfortable.)
Andy

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat Dilhemma