Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Ultra Question/input

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 07 Ultra Question/input

Question for some of you out there. I have read the post over and over, and still curious.I have a stock 07 Ultra with 3,000 miles. Its my highway bike. It's not a bar hopper, nor am I trying to impress anyone when going places. This was purchased for a comfortable ride.I am curious to know if the 903 recall is worth doing? I know theyCAN'T flash it back to stock if I am not happy! What are some of your thoughts. Next, I am also a little worried about the heat issue. I really don't want a loud bike. Myother bike is loud enough for me and the men in uniform.Thus getting to the point, staying with stock pipes on the 07 Ultra, should one go with a SERT or PCIII or a fuel moto to assist with the heat issue? I was going to have the exhaust ceramic coated, but I think that is only putting a bandade over a sore that needs addressed. What are the pro's and con's to each. Looking for some feed back on these issues. Thanks

Old 01-26-2007, 01:24 AM
coyotedata
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Ultra Question/input

I had the flash update done and to be honest I can't tell much of a difference.

It's pretty cool here in central CA and a ride a week or go I got up to 250 deg in traffic. I don't really want loud either and CA has been moving in on bikes for EPA emmissions so I have been reluctant to change mine. CARB recently let the dealers know they were no longer interested in persuing motorcycles so most of the dealers are back doing performance work.

I've decide to do pipes, a/c and a SERT so the bike runs cooler.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:43 AM
xmtrsrg
Road Captain

Bob,
My buddy just had his 07' RG done with an A/C and SERT and stock pipes. The bike runs cooler andsmoother. The 07' mufflers flow better than previous models and he feels there's a tad more performance. Good Luck.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had the 903 update done on my '07 Road King Classic and it made a significant difference in getting underway from a stop. I had a tendency to give the bike too little throttle when starting from a stop with the original setup, and would sometimes rattle the valves. With the update, my starts are smoother, and I don't tend to lug the engine anymore. I'm really pleased with the update and it would never occur to me to want to go back to the original programming.

This was done "on top" of my V&H FuelPak, without removing it. My tech told me that the update would not interfere with aftermarket fuel programmers such as the FuelPak and PCIII.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Bagger Bob
Tourer

Get it done. My 07 Ultra is now able to operate at 300-500 RPM lower than before without lugging, depending on the gear. Besides, it'll be one of the few times you'll be able to go into the dealer without it costing you money, as long as you don't talk to anyone or look at anything of course.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GGBob,, all the bikes/toys Ive tinkered with, ya learn there is more performance gains by getting rid of stock A/c and Pipes,,,,new is to restrictive,, there are "quiet" aftermarket pipes out there,
I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm gonna get it to run better with out to raising noise levels much.
From what Ive read, most people here have had the flash done, then get the PC111, K&N, slipons,
and are real happy.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Geezer Glide Bob
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok, I think I will go ahead with the 903 update! I am going to keep the stock pipes thus far. We'll see after a few months of summer weather riding. [/align] What is the reason that you are going with SERT's or PCIII. Money aside the issue, is it what the sales person is puching that day? Any pro's or con's to either one? Again, I am not after performance. If so, I would have bought a different model. [/align]

Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

SE exhaust and SE filter on my 07 EG standard with the PCIII from fuelmoto, the heat was not cured until I went with the fullsac true duals!

I went with the PCIII for ease of adjustment and Jamie at Fuelmoto takes care of his customers. Plus price was a factor.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I chose PC because,, of here,,, the fact you can transfer to another bike,, you can install it,and its for simpler mods like ours,, Sert is ok but for bigger mods!?and its married to that specific bike, needs a dealer for tune.
remember these new bike are born way to lean,,, we HAVE to feed them!!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob
Get the 903 upgrade done. It's free and takes only minutes to have done.The biggest thing that I noticed is that it took away the valve ping or most of it.
If you decide to stay stock and want to add a tuner try the pcIII. You can intall it yourself in minutes and they have a stock map for it. I dealt with fuelmoto. Tell Jamie what you want and the unit will be shippedflashed with stock map,ready to install.