Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Seat Mod Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Rev Heat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean City Seat Mod Review

I sent my seat to MCC for the double memory foam seat mod. As I have some prostate issues, they relieved the center area of the seat for me. Actually, my urologist told me years ago that I should not be riding.
The quality of their work is outstanding and they will answer any and all questions that you may have. Also, they have a fast turn around time.
I have put about 700 miles on the seat (two times running out a tank of gas without stopping) and I am very pleased. The feeling of the relieved area is very nice and has helped greatly with my issues. No hot spots on my butt, just my weight spread evenly over the seat.
I would recommend MCC to anyone not happy with the stock seat, and there many people that feel that way. You can have your stock factory seat modified and keep the stock look while adding to your comfort.......for a fraction of the cost of a new seat.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:24 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good to hear. I have thought about this as an alternative to replacing the seat. How much did it cost ya. ALso what are your dimentions. I have heard for bigger people it doesnt really help. I am 6' 250lbs. I find my self shifting around on my stock seat. What kind of turn around time was it. How do they know what you need for them to do what they have to do?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to me its worth the time and ride to just make an appointment and ride down to MCC and have them look at you sitting the bike, answer some questions and drive away an hour later with the fitted seat.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Rev Heat
Advanced

I'm 5' 10" and 225 lbs. I called and talked with them and told them what I needed and asked for suggestions. Kevin was very helpful and I could tell from talking to him that he had had experience with riders with the same problems as me.
He did not try to up sale me anything and suggested the double foam mod with the relief channel. I accepted his suggestion and he was right on.
I did pay the extra $100 for the express service as I have a 4 day trip planned this week. I shipped my seat on Tuesday, they received it on Wednesday and started to work on it the same day. Thursday the seat was shipped to me and I got it on Friday. That's what I call express service! Regular service takes longer as they are busy. They will tell what day they want your seat and you will get it returned to you as soon as it's finished.
All in all, I am very pleased with the seat and the service. I would not hesitate to use them again and recommend them to anyone.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

So how much was it without the express service? Like 150 bucks?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Rev Heat
Advanced

Yes, the double memory foam mod is $150. A fraction of the cost of a new seat.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

It'll still break in some more and get even better, I did the double memory foam, now my stock SG seat is more comfortable than my sundowner.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:16 PM
hittman
Cruiser

I'm very pleased with the work they done on my seat. I have over 15,000 miles on it now and its still comfortable.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:08 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I wanted to be moved back and I told them I was inching forwards on bumps and then having to scootch back at a stop sign etc. They fixed those concerns but I must be on the cusp weight-wise because I feel like I'm sitting on the pan after a few hundred miles. I weigh 210 without gear so maybe the layer of material they put in there for me isn't enough. My ebay scored Mustang is a bit better I think.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rev Heat
Yes, the double memory foam mod is $150. A fraction of the cost of a new seat.
Is the seat height the same as stock after the mod? Don't want to sit any higher. Now that 150 doesn't include shipping the seat to them. But does it cover the shipping back home?

Quick Reply: Mean City Seat Mod Review