Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Classic or Street Glide???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012 | 01:55 PM
TJ_Ben
|
Advanced

I'm going out to test-ride a 2011 RKC with 11k mile on it this afternoon after work.
I really like the looks of this bike and I'll be bringing my checkbook, ready to pull the trigger.

Anything special I should look out for?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Old 09-27-2012 | 03:19 PM
buggin02
Road Captain

Love the look and ride of the RKC. Traded for the Ultra over the SG because if you are going to get the fairing and radio you might as well get the most comfortable ride and the rest of the bells & whistles. The SG didn't do anything for me then and still doesn't.

Old 09-27-2012 | 03:54 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TJ_Ben
I'm going out to test-ride a 2011 RKC with 11k mile on it this afternoon after work.
I really like the looks of this bike and I'll be bringing my checkbook, ready to pull the trigger.

Anything special I should look out for?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Look out for someone else to buy it first. Great bike, great year.

Old 09-27-2012 | 03:57 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

RKC has cruise and passing lamps.

I chose it over the SG due to the versatility. Shield, no shield, short shield, fairing.... bought matching cobalt hard bags for $200 (don't ask) and have soft lowers and heated gloves for the winter.

I recently added the HD Boom windshield audio and love it.

Personal preference

Old 09-27-2012 | 05:37 PM
CRocks
Road Master

SG to RKC is pretty much one extreme to the other. SG epitomizes sleek, custom lines + the RKC epitomizes old school classic styling. Which are you? Myself, I'm 63 + love the looks of the SG, but it ain't me. Me on an SG would be a little like wearin my drawers down under my butt, just not my style. RKC is ultra classic, but I'm not a fan of the WWWs, spoke rims, or covered bags. So, for me, RK std was the only way to go. I don't like a fairing on a bike (except when rainin), but if I had one, it'd be frame mounted like the RG not fork mounted like the SG.

Old 09-27-2012 | 11:44 PM
TJ_Ben
|
Advanced

Well, I went ahead and dd it. Took the hit. Traded in my old bike (took 1k less than what I wanted) and signed on a new (to me) RKC in two tone candy root beer, with 10k on the odometer. I'll be back to the dealer's tomorrow to finish up the transaction and pay a small balance due. Let's see how it goes. Don't think I'll regret it. Can hardly wait to take delivery.

Old 09-28-2012 | 12:15 AM
pswomack
Road Master

Well, I went ahead and dd it. Took the hit. Traded in my old bike (took 1k less than what I wanted) and signed on a new (to me) RKC in two tone candy root beer, with 10k on the odometer. I'll be back to the dealer's tomorrow to finish up the transaction and pay a small balance due. Let's see how it goes. Don't think I'll regret it. Can hardly wait to take delivery.
Congrats!!....You won't regret it at all, plus you got a great looking color!

Old 09-28-2012 | 06:34 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

You'll never regret it! Congratulaions!

Old 09-28-2012 | 07:26 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

That sounds like a real nice bike. Congrats!

Old 09-28-2012 | 10:27 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

Very very cool!! Congrats!!! You will love it!!

Quick Reply: Road King Classic or Street Glide???