Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PVC with xieds?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Black Sunshine
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PVC with xieds?

Ok, currently I'm running a heavy breather and RC components 4" slips and a set of fl-xied-10s on my 12 SG. I want to order a PCV from fuel moto. If I understand the PCV correctly it bypasses the o2 sensors, correct? So, is there any harm in leaving the xieds in place just in case I ever have an issue with the PCV and have to disconnect it for whatever reason?

Just being cautious.

And, given the CURRENT setup with just the intake, tubes and xieds how much benefit/difference will I notice when switching to the PCV? Power, response, running quality, sound, etc? It runs pretty good now but it's never sounded like the motor was as smooth running as the stock 04 fatboy did. I know the motors are completely different but is it the motor or the tune? The 12 SG just sounds loose, is the best way to put it.

Anyone have any experience with a similar setup?

Sooner or later I'll do a jackpot headpipes but that's a little ways off.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:29 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There would be no reason to run XEID's with a tuner. The tuner will do much more then the XEID's are capable of including adding as much fuel as you need.

I thought the PCV remapped the ECM so there would be nothing attached to crap out.

If the tune is right you will notice a lot of difference not just in horsepower but in the general cruiseability of the bike. I also find I use 6th gear more.

I've never used fuelmoto but they have a great reputation in their canned maps. Keep in mind, a canned map will get you close but not right on the money. You can play with the canned map or ask Jamie to try a different map if it isn't close enough.

It is all in the tune....

Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
SteveO
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PCV is a "piggy back" does not reprogram the ECM or bypass the O2 sensors, takes up a lot of room under the seat and does not fit very well if you have ABS.

You may want to look at the MasterTune TTS, it reprograms the ECM and does not have to stay on the bile once programed. Had it on my 08 SE3.... AWSOME !! Waiting for them to come out with one for my 12 Softail CVO.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 on the TTS. That is what I run. Just make sure you find a competant tuner or you can try to self tune it yourself

Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Sunshine
So, is there any harm in leaving the xieds in place just in case I ever have an issue with the PCV and have to disconnect it for whatever reason?

No Harm, they won't be doing anything

follow the instructions with the PCV

And, given the CURRENT setup with just the intake, tubes and xieds how much benefit/difference will I notice when switching to the PCV? Power, response, running quality, sound, etc?

Completely depends on how it is set up- it could be better - or worse

The 12 SG just sounds loose, is the best way to put it.

you are right completely different motor top and bottom end.
mike.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make a choice dude, one or the other. If you get a tuner take the Xied's off, it only takes a few minutes, don't be lazy.

Last edited by jjnoble; 09-26-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 AM
Black Sunshine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Make a choice dude, one or the other. If you get it tuner take the Xied's off, it only takes a few minutes, don't be lazy.
I know, I know. I'm just nervous putting anything on it. I know there is chapter and verse on here where people are satisfied with any number of the tuning products but I won't be confident untill I have made the jump and done one myself. then I'll KNOW. lol. can't help it.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 AM
SC48ster
Cruiser

not an expert by any means but having Xied and then switching to PV (Power Vision) and now in "hind sight". I would have bought PV first. Now, after having both, sell your Xied's and buy the PV. Whether you do the tune or have an experienced person tune, the options are wide open with PV. Again, not wanting to start a "food fight", but I spent bad money after good .