Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer tried to sell me BS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Dealer tried to sell me BS

I took my 11 flhrc ( V&H power duels, pcv, se ac, se255)to the dealer because the light for the antilock brakes comes on some times while I am driving (and then turns off after a few minutes)..and this is what they came up with..the light that was coming on was the check engine light and that the reason it was on was because I don't have 02 sensors and don't have the TFI o2 bypass installed..they would install it for me for $39...I said no thanks pcv don't need it on 08 and later bikes...he said well, the check engine light will continue to come at times and that I REALLY should have it installed...I tried to tell him that the check engine light was not an issue..it never came on..and that the issue was the antilock breaks light wash coming on...finally he said there is nothing wrong with the antilock breaks ...I said thanks and went on my way....never to return...By the way the name of the dealer is Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg Md....I believe what happened was that they plugged the bike in to the scanner and found nothing for the AB and then saw the historic codes for the o2 sensors and figured I didn't know the difference between the AB light and the check engine light...but who knows ...all I know is I am not going back there for service....

Old 09-23-2012, 06:29 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good man.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:32 PM
50shadesofharley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thing you know you're stuff. That's irritating.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:37 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

once you change things on your bike that is the reaction you will get.

they are best equipped for inside the box stock bikes.

mike

Old 09-23-2012, 06:47 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I took my 11 flhrc ( V&H power duels, pcv, se ac, se255)to the dealer because the light for the antilock brakes comes on some times while I am driving (and then turns off after a few minutes)..and this is what they came up with..the light that was coming on was the check engine light and that the reason it was on was because I don't have 02 sensors and don't have the TFI o2 bypass installed..they would install it for me for $39...I said no thanks pcv don't need it on 08 and later bikes...he said well, the check engine light will continue to come at times and that I REALLY should have it installed...I tried to tell him that the check engine light was not an issue..it never came on..and that the issue was the antilock breaks light wash coming on...finally he said there is nothing wrong with the antilock breaks ...I said thanks and went on my way....never to return...By the way the name of the dealer is Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg Md....I believe what happened was that they plugged the bike in to the scanner and found nothing for the AB and then saw the historic codes for the o2 sensors and figured I didn't know the difference between the AB light and the check engine light...but who knows ...all I know is I am not going back there for service....
If tech found an EFI fault code and no ABS fault code, what would you have him do?

Old 09-23-2012, 07:12 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
If tech found an EFI fault code and no ABS fault code, what would you have him do?
I would have him say "We can't find anything wrong with the ABS, but we noticed that the EFI has a code for the lack of o2 sensors which could have made the 'check engine light' come one", is it possible that the light you saw was the check engine light??

Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Lo 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe how many short bus riding retards work at Harley dealerships.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
glcash
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Those people have no knowledge of what's outside the glass doors of the dealership!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:07 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

clean the plugs at your rotors & plug them back in. Their dirty & that will cause the anti lock to go silly!
Hatch.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Geets
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't get it, how do they get anything done at these dealerships????

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to sell me BS