Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Wrenches

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007 | 04:34 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Torque Wrenches

Another vote for Craftsman here. That's what I have and they are great, plus my past experience with needing to return and replace Craftsman stuff has been easy and nonconfrontational.

Old 01-25-2007 | 09:48 PM
oley55
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Almost all of my tools are Craftsman. There are better out there but I like being able to walk into their store to swap them out if broken. Never questioned.

I have Craftman's Professional series 3/8" drive inch pound and their 1/4" drive foor pound.
not on theirtorque wrenches. says so right on the package. the ole life time guarrantee ain't there.

Old 01-26-2007 | 01:32 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: oley55

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Almost all of my tools are Craftsman. There are better out there but I like being able to walk into their store to swap them out if broken. Never questioned.

I have Craftman's Professional series 3/8" drive inch pound and their 1/4" drive foor pound.
not on theirtorque wrenches. says so right on the package. the ole life time guarrantee ain't there.
They may not have a lifetime warranty, but Sears formerly had a policy that your satisfaction was guaranteed forever. Back in about 1976 I tried to have them replace or repair a faulty device for my car, and was told the warranty had expired but if I wasn't satisfied with the device they'd give me a refund. Since it didn't work I decided I wasn't satisfied and took them up on their offer. I don't know if that policy still exists, as this type of issue hasn't come up again.

Old 01-26-2007 | 07:37 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 03RKC

Any suggestions on brand name and what increments to get? Both ft. pounds and in. pounds. Just recieved Fix My Hog dvd and will mostly be using these wrenches for the work on the dvd. Haven't had time to watch it yet to get idea on what I'll need. Thanks.
I have three torque wrenches, 0-100in-lbs, 0-100 ft-lbs, and 0-250 ft-lbs. Spent a lot of time working in enginerooms in the Navy and our rule was that you needed to use a torque wrench between 25 and 75% of its scale (a 100 is good from 25-75 ft-lbs to ensure accuracy). I was also told that the torque range listed in manuals was there to account for small inaccuracies in the wrenches. For what it is worth, we also used torque wrenches in some applications to measure "break-away" torque (loosening), but those wrenches had to be calibrated in both directions. Mine are all Husky (I got a good deal) and were calibrated to be within 2% accurate.