Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pillow look seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Brian
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pillow look seat

[hr]

Hi, is there anyone who has the Pillow look seat fitted to a Road King Classic, part # 51102-01A. I'm in the UK and I don't seem able to find anyone here with one. Before I order one from a dealer, I would like to know if it's still possible to fully open the Classic saddle bags. The seat is 16 inches wide and after measuring it up...it doesn't look like the bags will open properly when it's fitted. Also, how does it position you on the bike compared to the original seat, and is it comfy on long rides.
Thank you for any replies.[/align][/align]Brian.
[/align]

Old 01-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Pillow look seat

I can help you out a bit. I have the Pillow Look Seat on a 2005 Road King Classic. I am 6'2 and it makes me feel like I'm on top of the gas tank. The riding position is so bad that it also affects me coming to slow stops. My wife on the other hand thinks the passenger seat is the best thing since sliced bread. As we speak now my seat is at Mean City Cycles who is a sponsor here and he can reshape your seat. He is going to push me back around 3 inches. He said it should not affect the comfort of the seat. If this is the case this will have to be the best mod on my bike. The seat is super comfortable and you will be able to take long rides.

As far as opening up the saddle bags (sb)all the way. I think the answer is no. I have had my seat for a year and a half and I know I can open it up a stuff the SB to maximum capacity. But I don't thinkI can open the sb lid and it will stay up on it's own. I forget because I switch back and forth between the stock seat. But you will be able to open the sb and fill it up with no problem. I just don't think it will open and stay up like it does with the stock seat. Either way it's not an issue because as I mentioned you will not loose any storage space. I get my seat back in about 5 days and if needed I will let you know more.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey I forgot. My buddy has the same bike/ same seat and he is shorter than me....He has no issues at all with riding position.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:19 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm 5'10" and truly enjoy using our pillow top.My wife actually picked it out.We also have a more sleek seat when not riding two up,just because it looks better.It it so easy to change back and forth.