Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 flash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:53 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bellgnte
Intersting statement. Never thought about the code that is running on the ECM. I wonder who develops that code? Probably the same people who make the ECM which isn't MOCO's "awesome" R&D. All they do is tell the developers "give me a patch for the code that will turn these 0s into 1s". You might want to cut back on the koolaid......just joking with ya

remember I am running the download also

Understood 8-)
I am always amazed that some backyard mechanic will pick an aftermarket product at random, and swear that it is much better than the engineers at the MOCO could possibly come up with. What's even funnier, is that they can do it on their first shot.
BTW, all vendors providing parts to any manufacturer are conforming to specs provided by the manufacturer.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Timpechos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what would the download do for a stock pinging bike????????????????????

Old 09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the biggest racket ever invented. I love the MOCO, but a grand or more to pick up 3.5 HP is absurd! I got sucked into that once and never again. Its the highest dollar per HP you will ever pay for little or no performance gain.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 AM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by brewdog
This is the biggest racket ever invented. I love the MOCO, but a grand or more to pick up 3.5 HP is absurd! I got sucked into that once and never again. Its the highest dollar per HP you will ever pay for little or no performance gain.
+1. Myself as well. Never again. I love Harleys and will buy bikes from my local dealer, but upgrades if any will be done within my own ability or I won't do it. I may go stage 1 with this bike and do it myself. Dealers will burn you on upgades and labor. Buy a bike and have cams, intake, exhaust, tuner, and dyno done all at the same dealership. Then decide to trade a few months later,(at the same dealer) all that $$ you spent on upgrades with that dealer will be worthless. Your bike will bring just as much bone stock. That was my experience.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

I bought my bike slightly used (2500 miles on it) but it already came with the Stage 1 download, so I don't have a before and after to compare. But I can comment on the XIED's, I put them on to give it a shot to help the bike run cooler, less decel popping, etc. And it has done everything they claim on the website to do, great product.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Rlpro
Novice
Unhappy

Well went to the harley dealer that I bought the bike from and got it flashed to stage 1. Well all it did was make the popping on decel worse! So I took it in to Jarz Performance here in Abbotsford, B.C. this morning and getting it dyno tuned. They use Direct Link to tune,http://www.technoresearch.com/index.php?pid=46 . They have a good rep here in the lowermainland and they guarantee you are happy with the results. So when I get it back today and ride it like I stole it I'll post the results.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have SE pipes and A/C? The flash is designed to work with them.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Rlpro
Novice
Wink

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Do you have SE pipes and A/C? The flash is designed to work with them.
I have se a/c and vance and hines oval slip ons. I started the thread and put that info in the first post.
But you would think it would of added a bit more fuel and improved a bit? after all stage 1 flash is suppose to add more fuel. Anyways thats past history now.Live and learn and get it done right the first time. Very excited to see the dyno sheet and ride the bike when I get it back later today.

Thanks.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Rlpro
Novice
Smile

Ok so got the bike back from the dyno tuner and went for a good ride. Wow what a difference. She pulls hard all the way through the rpm range. I'm really impressed no popping on decel and way better than Harleys stage 1 flash as you can see on the dyno sheet, blue is before and red is after. Money well spent, I definitely recommend going the dyno tune route. Thanks for everyone help!

Attached Thumbnails Stage 1 flash?-scan_pic0002.jpg