Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 flash?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:10 AM
trispeed
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bellgnte
The download will not richen it enough to cool the bike at all. Only returns the AFR to stock mixture. The download will raise the rev limiter........which I have never hit.
the SE A/C and download will get you nearly 10 HP and the power keeps rising after the stock bike drops off at 5500 RPM, so this is the cheapest and most effective mod you can do. This is with stock pipes and verified by American Iron and the HD official dyno charts.
Look it up yourself, I'm not going to do all the work for you! :-)This is what I'm going to do with my 2011 FLHP.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 AM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trispeed
the SE A/C and download will get you nearly 10 HP and the power keeps rising after the stock bike drops off at 5500 RPM, so this is the cheapest and most effective mod you can do. This is with stock pipes and verified by American Iron and the HD official dyno charts.
Look it up yourself, I'm not going to do all the work for you! :-)This is what I'm going to do with my 2011 FLHP.
Couldn't have said it better myself (see post #10). I am always amazed at how many people are constantly looking for a "better" ($$$$$$) way to improve things, when the MOCO's awesome R&D Dept has already done all of the experimenting for you.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Rlpro
Novice

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite
Did you buy it at the dealership and what kind of warranty are we talking about? It's my understanding that some dealerships are funny about non-SERT tuners, so you may need to take off the tuner if you bring the bike in for repair. My dealership is very cool about having one on, but it may not hurt to feel them out at your service desk if you're looking to use warranty service down the road.
Yes I bought it at a Harley dealership and I got the Harley Davidson Extended Service Plan Canada. I have a friend that has the same warranty and he had 2 breakdowns and 1 flat tire over the last couple of years. They paid for everything even motel stays but he never had a tuner on his bike.

Thanks for the heads up!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
BCC1
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by xcelr8
The flash is perfect when matched with SE pipes and intake, and no further engine mods are planned. The setup is well engineered to work perfectly together. Did it on 2 Road Kings, and my Electra Glide, with zero issues, and no dyno time required. The SE tuner would be a good choice if you plan to do additional mods down the road.
This is exactly what I did, with similar results. A bit more power, easy starting and great ride-ability.

I ride the duc when I want to be Ricky.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:14 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

If your not needing anything more than just more fuel.....get an adjustable XIED. Now if your bike is pinging that's another story and my research suggests there's no other way than timing adjustments.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Timpechos
Cruiser

Does the download do anything to the timing???

Old 09-14-2012, 02:36 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Do they make these XIEDs for '06 model Ultras?I currently have a Stage1,K&N a/c and 4" Jackpots and don't plan on doing any engine mods.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:11 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trispeed

Gee..... thanks Genius! Open you eyes and read the thread. You missed the part where I said I have used the HD download for 3.5 years. As for best bang for the buck, everyone's buck is different. I was just giving the OP the facts not trying to convince him to buy what I bought.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:19 AM
bellgnte
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Couldn't have said it better myself (see post #10). I am always amazed at how many people are constantly looking for a "better" ($$$$$$) way to improve things, when the MOCO's awesome R&D Dept has already done all of the experimenting for you.
Intersting statement. Never thought about the code that is running on the ECM. I wonder who develops that code? Probably the same people who make the ECM which isn't MOCO's "awesome" R&D. All they do is tell the developers "give me a patch for the code that will turn these 0s into 1s". You might want to cut back on the koolaid......just joking with ya

remember I am running the download also

Last edited by bellgnte; 09-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:18 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

FWIW. before getting the SEPST tuner I discussed a dyno tune, a stage 1 flash etc. I was told then that the stage 1 flash is the least expensive option and for most it will work. If I got the tuner then the base map IS the stage one flash but I keep the option to make improvements with or without a dyno.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 flash?