Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My previous build views, good and bad

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts
Default My previous build views, good and bad

This thread isn't meant to be a "boo hoo, I screwed up" thread and I'm not looking for sympathy but input from you all. Over the winter I got a set of cams, and 103 pistons installed in my otherwise stock 2011 Road King. It had sweet sounding Jackpot mufflers with stock head pipe on it prior to the engine work. That original set-up sounded great until I got it back from the builder and it was noticeably louder, not near as deep and very tinny, (cams and A/C probably are the cause). I wanted the true dual sound and thought I might like it better with Rush TD's. Still too loud. Anyway, excited to get it TTS dyno tuned and it was a blast, very fun around town but too loud on long trips which we do a lot of. Ditched the Jackpots and bought a new set of Fatshotz. Bike doesn't run well after install, lost 10 tq and 5 hp on the same dyno where it was originally tuned and sound levels are to where I like them. Tried anwhere from 4-15 plates both open and closed end caps. The only thing I really regret is even though the TTs is remarkable in the proper hands, I should've spent more and went with some sort of tuner that can figure out engine mods and make changes automatically, (Thundermax etc). Both the techs at Supertrapp and TTS have been helpfull but my next thought is to scour eBay all the time and source out used mufflers and try them. My hopes are in the V&H Monster series.