Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean City Seat Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Rev Heat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean City Seat Mod *Update*

Has anyone had any experience with seat mods by Mean City Cycles? I had a Mustang seat on my '04 EG and the seat on my '10 needs some help or replacing. I would get another Mustang but I found Mean City and their descriptions of their mods sounds good. I'm just trying to decide whether to modify mine or replace it.

Last edited by Rev Heat; 09-15-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:42 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 509 Likes on 347 Posts

Yeah, did mine this summer. Love it. Hit up the search area and you should get a ton of responses.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:44 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Their okay, they've done some pretty good work and some pretty crappy work. It's better if you can find a local place to do it. If you weigh over about 225 lbs forget about mean city. No matter what they say they will do, there will not be enough padding. I don't know why they ask your weight and all that when as far as I can tell they put the same padding in whether you're 150 lbs or 350 lbs.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

I weigh 165 and I had a supper narrow done for my '12 Road King, I'm happy as a clam.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 AM
kdodd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got my stock seat off my 03 FLHTI done. Havent had a really long ride yet but I am pleased. I had them do the double memory foam. Price was great, shipping was very fast, and communcation with was excellent. I would try them first before I invest in a high dollar seat. I see you are from SC. They are in NC. If you are close enough, I would go to them in case adjustments are needed. they can do it there on the spot. And save you some shipping. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Robert_W
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My seat has a small tear in it. Does Mean City repair vinyl?

Ride safe,

Bob.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:08 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They can recover your torn seat, not sure about spot repairs....

They redid my RG seat, but I haven't had the chance to ride it yet. I have had them do a seat for me in the past and it was great. Rarely do you hear of issues, and when you do they have always taken care of it from what I have seen. IMO they are a class act.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:02 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

They did mine on my sg and I'm 235 lb. rode it on a 5200 mile trip and I love it . I had the super narrow mod done looks great and they will give you a shipping date to do the work and they seem to stay on schedule , but keep in mind seats are different feeling to every *** that being said I would highly recommend them.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,117 Likes on 22,587 Posts

Couldn't really tell whether or not they did anything to mine, other than shave it down some on the sides..

Would I use them again?
Nope I would not.

I would and have used a couple of my local upholster's and I recommend that you do the same. Support your local businesses. They need work too.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just under 280, they did mine and what a difference - I've logged 300, 400 mile days without needeing to take any breaks (minus a fuel stop) big difference

my wife is no where near my weight, they did her FatBoy seat, she loves it, moved her up some, dropped her down some and narrowed up the crotch to get her legs more to the ground (she uses the stock seat from MCC more then the Corbin Gun Fighter we bought her)

Additionally I have sent my best friend and his brand new 2012 EG Ltd sseat to them also, narrowed up the crotch for him too, did the dbl padding, he's just under the 225 mark they ask you about, but loves it anyways, his last EG Ultra had a mustang on it, and he says this is way more comfortable (he just logged 1700 miles last week on it)

for the money I don't think there are better options out there, with you being so close to them I would give it a try, if you don't like it you can always sell it for almost what you have into it on this very forum

as for the guys that didn't think it was worth it and wouldn't do it again, I think they are in the minority on this one, and I mean a very small minority, I have seen pages and pages of happy customers, and you cannot please everyone so I understand that not eveyone is happy, but I would say the number is north of 95% on satisfied customers

Quick Reply: Mean City Seat Mod