Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*UPDATED*rinehart TD'S finally installed.. 2 videos inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:46 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: rinehart TD'S finally installed.. video inside

Canedog,

With the Rineharts, you would probably want to add the following:

1. High flow air cleaner
2. Either a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) or PCIII for tuning the fuel injection for the bike. This will allow the fuel, air, etc to be altered at the controller to allow the bike to run better (more efficient, less lean burn, etc).

I just put in the 110ci Screaming Eagle kit with high flow air cleaner, cams, Rinehart exhaust and SERT. The SERT can be initially installed with "canned" programs, but should be dialed in by an experienced tuner with a dyno. Supposedly it has more flexibility than the PCIII, but since this is my first fuel injected bike I am not sure.

i hope this helps a little!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:53 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: *UPDATED*rinehart TD'S finally installed.. 2 videos inside

Second video was way cool! I'm mesmerized [sm=smiley22.gif] by the B[8D][8D]Bs.
Bike sounds great!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
07 FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Canedog,

I put the Rinehart TD's on right after Christmas. I went with the K&N high flow breather and a Power Commander 3 (PCIII). Both purchased from Jamie at www.fuelmotousa.com. $399 delivered. He sent the PCIII with a custom map for the setup, so it was ready to go right out of the box. The sound is great!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Canedog
Cruiser

Thanks for schoolin the ole fart ... so the SERT or the PCIII is a chip I assume that is programmable. So I am looking at the cost of the pipes, the sert or PCIII and air cleaner plus labor to tune, am I getting all of this right? Can you roll out for 1500.00? Boy do I have some learning to do about fuel injection ......

Old 01-26-2007, 04:59 PM
axe11
Cruiser

Canedog, if you can afford to spring for a little more money, you can get no better than the Thundermax and closed-loop Auto-Tune module combination from Zipper's Peformance. Their system is a complete replacement ECM that has 1900 adjustments points, the highest definition ECM available anywhere. And, with their closed-loop tuner that works with O2 sensors, you'll never have to pay for an expensive Dyno tune as it perfectly tunes itself no matter what pipes or mods you make on your bike. The PC and SERT both ride on top of the stock ECM and about a quarter of the adjustment points the Thundermax has. The only little problem they had with the system initially was with the auto-compression releases not functioning and turn signals not canceling; but that was simply a "driver" issue which will be ready for download in about a week--and that only pertains to 07 bikes. Zipper's site is http://www.zippersperformance.com/ --check it out.

Ride safe,

axe11

Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
jj9150
Cruiser

hey canedog, i heve the pcIII in mine ,and also ordered it from fuel moto (THE pcIII'sARE ON NATIONAL BACK ORDER FROM DYNO JET, AND FUEL MOTO HAD 60 INSTOCK THEY SAID....DYNO JET THE COMPANY HAD ZERO!) ordered it from jaime as 07 FLHX did, but i got mine dellivered and programed for 279.00 (sorry 07flhx not trying to rub it in i promise!) took 15 minutes to install literally unplug your harness from you computer under the right side cover and plug the pcIII inline to it. its very user friendly if you get itfrom fuel moto because they program it to you current pipe/AC set-up before they send it, plug and play!

Old 01-28-2007, 12:15 PM
wedgewood1
Intermediate

Another Kickass video, love that sound of those Rineharts.