Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW MODS: Dragos,tmax, new Audio (biketronics)...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM
toxic donkey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MODS: Dragos,tmax, new Audio (biketronics)...

Over the last couple weeks I have installed , removed, and reinstalled several new parts that I have ordered. First I installed a set of Dragos true duals {ceramic) and mated them with a set of Rinehart 4" slipons which I already had on stock header. I also installed a Zippers Thundermax with O2 sensors and auto tune. Besides having to struggle a bit to get the crossover to clear the trans pan, it went together fairly smoothly.The headers are well made and the ceramic finish was damn good in and out. I have the Roland Sands turbine ac. The bike runs well, definitely cooler and sounds exactly the way I wanted it to. I also installed Wards FCS at this time for added piece of mind. This product too is very well made and seems to work exactly as advertised.
Next I decided to revisit my audio upgrades. I had j&m 250w amp and rokker setup already installed. It didnt sound bad but I was looking for more. I had previously acquired 4 Titan Hertz speakers(hi energy) 6.5s. I bought a pbr300x4 from amazon for $165 after reading the multiple glowing reviews on this forum. I removed the j&m system and installed the hertz and rf amp. I know many peolpe really like this amp but I must say that I was not impressed, maybe my expectations were too high. I will admit that it was loud, but I did not like the way it sounded. These speakers needed more power, and there was far too much distortion. Im sure it might sound better with different speakers. so, after dicking with the settings trying to get what i was looking for, and destroying my battery in the process, my frustration got the best of me and I took the amp right back out. I then ordered a bt480 from Biketronics. Shout out to Bill, he is good dude, very knowledgeable and was not interested in just pushing his product over all others. I would definetly do biz with him again. I also ordered the retro install kit from him as I decided to change the head unit at this time as well. So, after wrestling that damn fairing more times than i wanted to, I ended up with a JVC Arsenal head unit, 4 Hertz( upper and lower fairings) and bt480 amp. This sounds good! I still have a brand new pdx f6 which I will install in the bags after the riding season is over, but for now I have enough volume and very good sq. Sorry so long winded.
By the way thank you to frank at DBW as well. He too was good to talk to and took time that most parts huslers would not. Thinking about the. 107 over the winter

Last edited by toxic donkey; 09-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.