Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles on Fuel Moto 107 build?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

By the time you get a bunch of people with 50,000 miles on their upgraded bikes, there will be a newer system on the market you will find to be even better.

FuelMoto is the current hot ticket.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Brick0044
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the input. I like the feedback. I'm not looking for 50.000 miles but want to hear from customers and if they are happy.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey before this thread gets too old, out of curiousity, what kind of MPG's are you guys getting on the 107"? I've read a bunch of stuff with people saying mid-40's, then i've read another bunch of stuff with people saying low-30's? Just curious. thanks

Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Hey before this thread gets too old, out of curiousity, what kind of MPG's are you guys getting on the 107"? I've read a bunch of stuff with people saying mid-40's, then i've read another bunch of stuff with people saying low-30's? Just curious. thanks

39 to 42 MPG here. (with a one time best of 47) I'm running a PCV w/autotune and the cruise range is @ 13.8 AFR. I tried running it @ 14.6 this Summer but ran into some pinging issues from the record setting heat experienced here in the Midwest. It turned out to be not A/F related, but timing issues instead. I've yet to try the leaner A/F ratios again, but intend to in the near future. The short amount of time that I ran the leaner mixture showed an improvement of 2-3 MPG's so I know there in room for inprovement.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior

Had the 107 build done before my trip this summer. Had the bike dynoed with 500 miles on it. The trip was 7433 miles no problems no heat issues gas mileage was low 30's. Recently I added a racing oil pump that is helping with the oil pressure issue, there is more pressure and more oil volume. Don't wait just go ahead and get it done you won't be sorry.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 845 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
I've put 14,xxx miles on mine, so far. Because of the cylinders being bored to the max, I've had some cooling issues. Even stock it's always run hot, and I'm running synthetic motor oil, a HD oil cooler and with a good tune. After doing the 107 the overheating problem was magnified. This Summer was especially rough with all the record highs being set in the Midwest. I wound up purchasing Jason's (Wards Parts Werks - Forced Convection System) cooling fans and my overheating problems have disappeared. The is the best 'peace of mind' addition I've made to the bike. In addition I had some starting issues when hot. High compression and a hot engine made the starter 'kickback' and make a terrible (embarassing) grinding noise. (especially on short stops, like at the pump) Leaving the cooling fans running while pumping gas has alleviated the vast majority of this problem as well.

Those 107" have been producing some really good numbers!

Not trying to hijack, but Gearhead3, I have been hearing some raves about Jason's Forced Convection cooling fans. I even saw that he has some in the granite color too. Could you fill us in on these or PM me.

Thanks, and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
Those 107" have been producing some really good numbers!

Not trying to hijack, but Gearhead3, I have been hearing some raves about Jason's Forced Convection cooling fans. I even saw that he has some in the granite color too. Could you fill us in on these or PM me.

Thanks, and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD
Go here: www.wardspartswerks.com
He has an in depth, easy to understand, detailed description of his cooling fans and how they function. Great website.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM
01glide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have over 5000 miles since I did the 107 build in May. I just got back from a mountain trip and I got between 37-39mpg on every tank. Didnt really seem to matter whether I was on the interstate or blasting through the mountains. I am not thrilled with the mileage, but with the amazing power difference its hard to complain about anything.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
Had the 107 build done before my trip this summer. Had the bike dynoed with 500 miles on it. The trip was 7433 miles no problems no heat issues gas mileage was low 30's. Recently I added a racing oil pump that is helping with the oil pressure issue, there is more pressure and more oil volume. Don't wait just go ahead and get it done you won't be sorry.
I wouldn't be happy with "low 30's" unless I was driving at 80+ mph.

Don't know exactly what your 107 is but if it's Fuel Moto, you should be seeing 40 mpg.

I'm wondering if your dyno-tune is tunning rich?

Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Mines an S&S 106 with worked heads,comp releases,and tw6-6 cams. I get 50 mpg on the highway. City is around 30 but I'm hard on er. I'm using a pcv and it's dynotuned.

Quick Reply: How many miles on Fuel Moto 107 build?