Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Taking the advice of one of our members, I am reposting a thread on a vendor's shipping policy.

Bought the HOG Lites , two of them actually. After recieving a bent USPS package and looking inside to find 2 blister packed hog lites, one Fax order, and absolutely NO packing protective materials, I emailed the vendor and got the following response:

Wow !
The post office really goofed up. Those HogLites look bad.
We are not sure what to do because we have never had this happen before -even though we shipped over 1000 units. However we suggest that you go to the Post Office and file a claim.
We do not insure our shipments unless requested by our customers.

PS If all fails, perhaps we can work something out.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks !
John
LITE Electric, LLC

I am off to Joust with the Postal Service within the Hour. The next rumble one hears eminating from the East very well may be me.

Buyer beware. Check out the other spoiler/hoglite posts in this forum.

Thanks ultraultra.

More to follow.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/416B8551706C48A19F7CA48F159E52F4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/885FE419F0884FCAA7ADAE8FD3A3F435.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
nightglide
Road Master
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

man that sucks, keep us posted!!! I would like to see how they take care of you! My brother was looking at those. I will warn him of this to wait to see if they take care of you THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Everyone knows the USPS is not going to say they did it and pay you.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks for the post...i'm riggin a TP now and was a buyer...not now [sm=noooo.gif]

Old 01-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always taken the position that it is the vendor's responsibility to deliver the item purchased to me in good usable condition. If the item was damaged during shipping, I contend that it is the vendor who should be interfacing with the shipper and that the customer should not be inconvenienced in any way.

Of course, the vendor seldom sees it that way...

Old 01-22-2007, 03:24 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with you PJ. Those lights should have had some type of protection. Was the pakage even marked as Fragile or better yet Glass ?

Old 01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree completely. I've never had a vendor fight me on something that was damaged during shipping. I ship it back to them and they ship me another one. My point to them is that I paid for the productto arrive in perfect condition and I'm not going to spend my time running around trying tomakeit right, regardless of who damaged it. That's their job. If they don't want to do it, tell them you're going to cancel the charge on your credit card because they delivered damaged goods. I'd be shocked if they fought you.

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

I've always taken the position that it is the vendor's responsibility to deliver the item purchased to me in good usable condition. If the item was damaged during shipping, I contend that it is the vendor who should be interfacing with the shipper and that the customer should not be inconvenienced in any way.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Thanks for your supporrt. No, no FRAGILE, no interior bubble wrap, no nothin...
Just sent this after a chat with the Good Folks at USPS.
Oh yeah, the choice of shipping puts this package in with anything up to 70lbs. On the cheap, I would say.

Email quote:
John,[/align]I have done what you had suggested and approached the USPS and was given a claim for(m).[/align]Unfortunately, according to the Customer Service Manager at the Hybla Valley Branch, your option for shipping does not allow any claim for damage.[/align]In order to be eligible for a claim You must have shipped by USPS using one of the following methods:[/align]Insured (obviously not your choice)[/align]COD[/align]Registered[/align]Registered COD[/align]Express Mail Service[/align]Express Mail COD Service[/align][/align]Having chosen to not use these methods, you have put your customer 'in the wind'.[/align][/align]By not even taking the possibly wise choice to even wrap the products in protective wrap, You are taking the inexpensive way out, without any warning to your customers about the risk of loss to them by your actions. I think this is not a wise business practice.[/align][/align]I would like to offer you the opportunity to accept responsibility in the name of good customer service, and replace the damaged lights and I will of course pay for any additional shipping cost to insure the package for replacement value, something your site makes no reference to at this time.[/align][/align]I hope your sense of fairness will prevail. I will return the broken Items and pay for shipping and insurance on the return voyage, in all sense of fairness to your company , after confirmation of replacements being shipped.[/align][/align]David W. Price[/align]end of email quote[/align][/align]Shouldn't have to go much farther than this, but we will see.[/align][/align]I am waiting for his response.[/align][/align]You guys do what you want, Don't let anything I say, influence you choices. Just saying[/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
jimbo21165
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pastor John

I know if we don't design/build what the customer wants, WE pay for it, to make it right. Good Business 101.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:18 PM
PEZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the pain in the A$$ this has been for you. I regularly tell everyone here at Hogtunes "there is nothing harder to get, and easier to lose than a good online reputation"

I hope the owner of the company you bought the stuff from thinks about his next action carefully. If he stiffs you--you will let everyone know about it--as far as I can tell, others on the post have already decided not to do business with him. Should he make it right (like a big boy) you will go on the board and tell everyone that he made it right.

Short term pain for long term gain--is worth it everty time.............

PEZ

Old 01-22-2007, 05:27 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Pez,
Either way, ya'll will now. I expect this to turn out, one way or another. If I can't get a response from him, Everyone will know. If I do get a commonsense business response, everyone will.

When we chat about the HOG tunes again, the same applies.

You can fool everybody once... but it only takes one to refuse to take without comment.

I don't want to put anyone out of business, just help in making good business for everyone.

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!