Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

cool....i just ordered one

Old 01-28-2007, 09:58 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Maybe in fairness you should edit and retitle this post .... [sm=deal.gif]

Old 01-28-2007, 10:07 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I do that? I knew one could edit individual posts.

That is why i send up the Hoglite relacements post.

I want everyone who posted or just read this to find the offered explainations and agreement, and yes the appology to Hoglites. We agree we both share some responsibility.

And I have asked the the Administrators how to really close or remove it in fairness to both of us.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 PM
hawg03
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been following the post...glad it has been resolved. That shipping/insurance cr*p is very confusing and everyone points to everyone else when there's a problem. Like other posts have said, people who have great businesses tend to do a lot for their customers, no questions asked. Again, relief is here...go ride!

Old 01-28-2007, 11:14 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior

Good news! Glad you were able to get this matter resolved.

God Bless and ride safe,

Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

GOT the message, loud & clear...stay clear of HOGLITES...cancel my order!

Old 01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
toolbox
Road Master

Congrats on getting your parts taking care of. Glad to hear of it.
TOOLBOX

Old 01-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I for one hope this doesn't get removed.
It's good to see how vendors handle issues. I know there can be extenuating circumstances, but damn... They seem to always be there.
Has nobody heard of using an out of office message on their email and voicemail?

Anyhow, glad it all worked out. Let us know when you actually have the replacement.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
coyotedata
Cruiser

I am glad this is working out for you but I do still think there is a fundamental problem here.

As a business owner, I ship out orders, weekly, that are worth 5, 10, 15 thousand dollars in a single box. We don't purchase insurance BUT we do make sure the orders are pack correctly. Basically good enough to drop off a building. Our thought is that UPS (or whom ever the carrier is) will almost never lose a package outright. We also asume that any of the carriers will abuse the package in transit.

After shipping orders for almost 10 years now, we have never lost a package and only once has one been damage (and UPS paid for that one).

The truth is, as a vendor, HogLites should have packaged your order better and insurance would not have been an issue. I can understand, based on what you have learned, that there may have been a delay in responding but it is unacceptable that you must purchase additional insurance to cover their lack of proper packaging.

JMO of course but I guess I'm not satisfied... at least enough to be their next customer. k

Old 01-29-2007, 04:25 AM
Mr HogLite
Stage I

Hello to all the member of this HD forum.
I want to introduce myself. My name is John. I am the inventor of the HogLite. I felt compelled to bring the HogLite to market at a reasonable price to both, make some extra cash and hopefully save some lives. I am 47 years old, had a heart transplant at age 37, and have ridden cycles since I was 16. I have had 2 accidents during that period. I have encountered many a time when the 4 wheelers are sleeping at the wheel and literally slam on their brakes as they approach me from behind at a stop sign because they don't see me -not a good feeling. I designed the HogLite to be super bright and wake up those sleepy heads in those 4 wheelers. I am a one man show -a VERY small business. I never thought the HogLite would be as popular as it is. I don't advertise (can't afford to) but word of mouth and my small 1 page website has really helped sales out.
Recently 'FLGEEZ' purchased 2 HogLites and unfortunately they were damaged during shipment. I have sold almost 2,000 HogLites over the last 2 years and this is the first time this has happened. I want everyone on this forum to know that he will be getting his HogLites replaced. He was under the impression that I was neglecting him(I would be too if the shoe was on the other foot) but I had to fly out of town unexpectedly to be with my mother during her surgery and a few days afterwards.
I am a very honest (small) vendor. I also sell the HogLites on eBay and my feedback of over 600 is all 100% positive(+) see HERE

My reputation is everything to me. It it was never my intent to let 'FLGEEZ' be without his HogLites. It was just bad timing with me having to drop everything and go out of town. 'FLGEEZ' and I spoke over the phone and have made arrangements to have 2 new HogLites shipped out to him. He gave me some good advice that I certainly will act upon with regards to insurance and the USPS.

I honestly was saddened when I read some of the negative posts (thanks for the support from the current HogLite owners). I hope my(& 'FLGEEZ') explination clears the negative publicity up. I try & do my best -every day.

A tip to all HogLite owners.... keep your brakes engaged at all stop lights/signs while stopped so that your HogLite is energized and the 4 wheelers see you as they approach.

Thanks to all & ride safe !
John
LITE Electric, LLC
www.hoglite.com

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!