Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 AM
FLWanderer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

Don't want to rain on anyones parade....but order my Hoglite and received it with
no problem. It was $50.00 four months ago. Sorry to hear abt your problems on your
shipment. Hope it works out. The Hoglite is mounted under my upper luggage bag,
and to the brake light wiring. Works really great.

2004 EGClassic

Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

I sent hog lite a e-mail 3 days ago asking if shipping insurance was available and if other shipping tubes might be available ,I'm still waiting for a reply back from them.
I'd like to have one of these lights,but it's not likely I'll spend my coin with a company that can't even reply back to a customers e-mail questions concerning their product & shipping

FLGEEZ ,I wish you luck on this .............. something tells me you'll need it

Hoglites.............. You've lost my buisness !

Old 01-26-2007, 09:41 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Can someone send me a link for hoglites? Or good photos of it installed? I use factories overseas that could spit out a 40' container of this type of stuff over their lunch break

my email is info@hogtunes.com I wanted something like this for my 06 EGC.

PEZ

Old 01-26-2007, 04:53 PM
gabhart
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: PEZ

Can someone send me a link for hoglites? Or good photos of it installed? I use factories overseas that could spit out a 40' container of this type of stuff over their lunch break

PEZ
http://www.hoglite.com/
Email sent as well....

Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Vetter
Tourer

ORIGINAL: rebbe18

I think anyone in a service-related industry cannot help but get their back up when they are threatened. The people at HogLite responded by saying, at the end of their communication to you:
'PS If all fails, perhaps we can work something out.'

Instead of first checking with USPS and then getting back to the people at HogLite in an effort to take them up on their offer to find some common ground, you chose to grandstand and damn them before they had a chance to work with you. At no time did they saythey wouldn't work with youand wash their hands of the situation; they just said first try and see if you can claim from USPS.

The best negotiations are done quietly, behind the scenes but you, through impatience or perhaps the need to turn this into a pi$$ing contest felt you would try and take away business without first talking to them.

I would never use your actions as a reason to not buy the HogLite. I have the HogLite and love it. If anyone doesn't buy it because of your actions, it is their loss.

I am absolutely positive a phone call to them could have resolved this. I hope he now tells you totake a flying leap!
That's BS!
Where did he threaten them? He is simply stating facts! One thing I can't stand, is a supplier who refuses to take responsibility for thier actions.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: PEZ

PEZ

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/7CC35ABE88CA4B65995ECE759EBF73FE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Vetter

ORIGINAL: rebbe18

I think anyone in a service-related industry cannot help but get their back up when they are threatened. The people at HogLite responded by saying, at the end of their communication to you:
'PS If all fails, perhaps we can work something out.'

Instead of first checking with USPS and then getting back to the people at HogLite in an effort to take them up on their offer to find some common ground, you chose to grandstand and damn them before they had a chance to work with you. At no time did they saythey wouldn't work with youand wash their hands of the situation; they just said first try and see if you can claim from USPS.

The best negotiations are done quietly, behind the scenes but you, through impatience or perhaps the need to turn this into a pi$$ing contest felt you would try and take away business without first talking to them.

I would never use your actions as a reason to not buy the HogLite. I have the HogLite and love it. If anyone doesn't buy it because of your actions, it is their loss.

I am absolutely positive a phone call to them could have resolved this. I hope he now tells you totake a flying leap!
That's BS!
Where did he threaten them? He is simply stating facts! One thing I can't stand, is a supplier who refuses to take responsibility for thier actions.
Still checking in on this. I have had to fight 2 cases of Identity theft and like all things crappy, it just takes some time. I figure it's my $100.00 bucks to play with now. It will be a grind. How do you guys like my potential new sig picture? I old and slow, but not lazy or stupid. Would really liked to have been as lucky as most, or all but one, if the tale be true.

It is amazing how an email can be answered in a proactive timely fashion, when potential is on the line, then it's like you never existed.
Birchwhite, as stated in all truth earlier, I also had emailed; to get a phone number to place an order using means other than PAYPAL. No response, but got a response to a FAX that had my CC info on it. They did call, imagine that.Interest in making a sale will bring strange efforts. Something 18, I could not respond by phone, till I got my phone bill back with the return call phone number made at the time of purchase, to inquire about CC or about sending a check.

Boys and Girls, write down everything. I should have not forgotten the advice from my local Police about Identity theft. CYA.
So something18, or John maybe, dial away.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/95BC7E56D35C421A88962498AA4BFD12.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 01:44 AM
nightglide
Road Master

post the email addresses you used, I will send them a copy of all these posts and inform them that not making good on this for you had made me change my mind on ordering these for my brother... I was not the only one that will look else where

Old 01-27-2007, 02:44 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: nightglide

post the email addresses you used, I will send them a copy of all these posts and inform them that not making good on this for you had made me change my mind on ordering these for my brother... I was not the only one that will look else where
Look at Whitebirch's earlier post. Look's like they aren't taking emails. He is going elsewhere. I think the owner may have responded here earlier. My guess is he knows about the loss and figures it's small potatos. It will blow over.
Got any other forums that might be interested? His site came from a previous thread here on Rear Spoiler...

That is where I had first seen the product and thought it was a good way to not have to have a spoiler. I think we all did. Mine just came in broke. Two in a box, all alone, no packing on the inside, invoices don't offer much bang protection. A little bubble wrap goes along way. Would like to hear if anyone got two at the same time, or any packing material. Just a little thought.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/AFFAE61AAC9E496491AC4CE723E74574.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM
coyotedata
Cruiser

I'm going to post a link to this on some other boards. I sent an email as well with NO response. Not cool.

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!