Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

ORIGINAL: kcmorg

Ordered one last summer, no problems here. Several others ordered after seeing mine and had no problems. I hope this is not anotherDB thread, Those bring me way down.[sm=smiley6.gif]
I still hope I can be one of them, really two. I bought one for my bike and one for my wife's trike. She was the one that got rear ended and I am stilltrying to make her safer.

I saw the units on the forum, prefering something else over a spoiler and like many others bought with confidence. I only hope my offer to return these insured and offer to pay for insurance for the replacements will be met with fairness. No luck yet. No response.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:18 PM
GaryZ
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Classic doesn't have enough stop light on the rear, had considered this light, but now have to pass. Too bad.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: GaryZ

My Classic doesn't have enough stop light on the rear, had considered this light, but now have to pass. Too bad.
Don't want to hi-jack thread. And hope he gets another unit (2 units ?) shipped free of additional charge.

On the FLHTC, the cheapest way to add additional light is the Kuryakyn Run/Turn/Brake controller kit. Lots of light for small bucks. Plug-and-Play. H-D has a similar kit now.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Rick51
Account Deactivated

Having worked for UPS for 36 years I can tell you this. It is the responsibility of the vendor to correctly pack their product. Once they have packed it properly it is then the responsibility of the shipper ( USPS, UPS, Fedx ) to deliver the product in good condition. If the Hog Lights didn't have the proper packing then no is going to pay for it, Not USPS, UPS or FEDX. I have seen many a package come thru our system that wasn't packed properly. I always tried to let the customer and shipper know this.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:27 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Ordered one last summer, no problems here. Several others ordered after seeing mine and had no problems. I hope this is not anotherDB thread, Those bring me way down.[sm=smiley6.gif]
It's great that you ordered and received exactly what you paid for. Thats what makes fora great Product, Service, and Company.

The real truth arises from when a problem occurs.

FLGEEZ ordered two hoglites , and paid for them in good faith that he would get what he ordered.

Looking at the website, you get three options for shipping, the cheapest being $7.95 on top of the $59.95 cost of each unit.

There is no reference to Insurance offered in the shipping costs, none, zilch, nada.

Good Faith is the mainstay of Bussiness in this country. We all rely on it with every purchase we make. It's when a company accepts your payment and a problem occurs, and how the handle that problem,is the absolute measure of that company.

Right now FLGEEZ is giving them more of a chance thenI would.

OnceI sent them an e-mail with pictures of the damaged product and packaging. Thier response to me should be "we will be sending one out ASAP" and they would be covering the costs of getting thier "junk" back if they needed it.

Anything less than that, everyone I ever talked to after that point would know they were not a company to deal with if I amasked about them.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
GaryZ
Intermediate

Thanks, I will go for it. cheerzz

Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

It's great that you ordered and received exactly what you paid for. Thats what makes fora great Product, Service, and Company.

The real truth arises from when a problem occurs.

FLGEEZ ordered two hoglites , and paid for them in good faith that he would get what he ordered.

Looking at the website, you get three options for shipping, the cheapest being $7.95 on top of the $59.95 cost of each unit.

There is no reference to Insurance offered in the shipping costs, none, zilch, nada.

Good Faith is the mainstay of Bussiness in this country. We all rely on it with every purchase we make. It's when a company accepts your payment and a problem occurs, and how the handle that problem,is the absolute measure of that company.

Right now FLGEEZ is giving them more of a chance thenI would.

OnceI sent them an e-mail with pictures of the damaged product and packaging. Thier response to me should be "we will be sending one out ASAP" and they would be covering the costs of getting thier "junk" back if they needed it.

Anything less than that, everyone I ever talked to after that point would know they were not a company to deal with if I amasked about them.

Thanks for the support, see you in Cambria County someday.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:58 PM
mariner227
Road Master

I sometimes pay for shipping insurance but that is just in case the item gets lost. The vendor should stand behind this problem. These forums are a good way of keeping them honest. I know that I would refrain from buying from someone who did not have a good reputation for making the buyer completely satisfied.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
BadAzz Electraglide
Tourer

Hey have you heard anything back yet? I am interested to see how it end. For you I hope that they would send you out another set. I would think that they could recoup their money on 2 units I mean come on. I am sure that they have givin their buddiesa few for advertisement. Just my .02

Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

No response to either emails or tonights phone call. I think they are blowing this off. All new purchasers beware.

I amending the thread at this point, and will as suggested by PEZ and others, feel obligated to a post if they Vendor up as it were. I didn't think from the beginning with their initial response that anything good was to come of this. I never have had a vendor blow off responsibility for bad packaging, and cheap shipping. I hope a previous respondee, somethin18, feels vindicated. Wonder if...
CAVEAT EMPTOR. Onward to Consumers Affairs, here and there. I am waiting for an online legal response and will take a course of action based on the results.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17522/015C664CD7E9445FB56DB09D88F7F272.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!