Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 08:09 PM
PEZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

Hey FLGEEZ

Your last post is very classy. If you upset the forum admin--I would probobly jump ship. Many guys post about pleasant buying experiences--many also warn others about bad buying experiences. Your last post is at the core of what these forums are about--the sharing of good info to enhance all our riding experiences.

Sorry again this has happenned to you--at the same time--thanks for sharing with us. I Sincerley hope this comes to a amicable conclusion. If not--I hope the owner of the company your dealing with could hear my old saying "All pigs wind up sausages"

PEZ

Old 01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

Excuse me, WTF is a Hog Light? Just wondering. [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 01-23-2007, 08:14 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

This LED light bar under my Tour Pak is a Hog Lite. Mine came in just fine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/CB028B4A0BBB48E0A2A48D591B4F12EE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:21 PM
rebbe18
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think anyone in a service-related industry cannot help but get their back up when they are threatened. The people at HogLite responded by saying, at the end of their communication to you:
'PS If all fails, perhaps we can work something out.'

Instead of first checking with USPS and then getting back to the people at HogLite in an effort to take them up on their offer to find some common ground, you chose to grandstand and damn them before they had a chance to work with you. At no time did they saythey wouldn't work with youand wash their hands of the situation; they just said first try and see if you can claim from USPS.

The best negotiations are done quietly, behind the scenes but you, through impatience or perhaps the need to turn this into a pi$$ing contest felt you would try and take away business without first talking to them.

I would never use your actions as a reason to not buy the HogLite. I have the HogLite and love it. If anyone doesn't buy it because of your actions, it is their loss.

I am absolutely positive a phone call to them could have resolved this. I hope he now tells you totake a flying leap!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow another "SPECIAL VENDOR"[:@]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:57 PM
flakdog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: soos

This LED light bar under my Tour Pak is a Hog Lite. Mine came in just fine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/CB028B4A0BBB48E0A2A48D591B4F12EE.jpg[/IMG]
Thanks Soos! I was in the dark there. That looks nice. FD

Old 01-23-2007, 10:05 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rebbe18

I think anyone in a service-related industry cannot help but get their back up when they are threatened. The people at HogLite responded by saying, at the end of their communication to you:
'PS If all fails, perhaps we can work something out.'

Instead of first checking with USPS and then getting back to the people at HogLite in an effort to take them up on their offer to find some common ground, you chose to grandstand and damn them before they had a chance to work with you. At no time did they saythey wouldn't work with youand wash their hands of the situation; they just said first try and see if you can claim from USPS.

The best negotiations are done quietly, behind the scenes but you, through impatience or perhaps the need to turn this into a pi$$ing contest felt you would try and take away business without first talking to them.

I would never use your actions as a reason to not buy the HogLite. I have the HogLite and love it. If anyone doesn't buy it because of your actions, it is their loss.

I am absolutely positive a phone call to them could have resolved this. I hope he now tells you totake a flying leap!
I think you have missed reading a part of this thread. I DID first go the USPS and then informed him by email what they had said and OFFERED to pay for return shipping and OFFERED to pay for additional (any) insurance and HAVE waited now two more days than it took him to resond with 'We don't pay for insurance unless..."

Take a break, buy all you want, I am hoping still for an equitable outcome. Just don't see it coming, atall.

By the way, I have not phone him yet, but now can cause the phone records show the phone number he chooses to not put on his web site. I emailed for the number originally and never got a response. We did talk in person to clear up a CCard issue thru PayPal and he accepted the personal check offer and I told him to wait till it cleared if he prefered.

I'll send you his number if you rreally think your positive attitude will help resolving this matter.

BTW I wanted to have the HOGLite and Love it. Still may get thechance, if the vendor does what many good vendors do.

Have a good day.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:41 AM
gordo24fan
Tourer

Personally I think if they don't make good on something like this they don't havean ounce of integrity. I don't care if you blasted them to the world or not. What happened to good customer service. Seems people just don't care anymore. I almost always deal in person anymore because of these type of situations. At least you can show up in person to settle things and see goods before taking them home.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:06 AM
beemer737
Tourer

OK folks, this is easy. It's mail order so it has to show up in good condition, insured or not. The person claiming it only has to leave the shipper in goodd condition relys on the FOB warranty of merchantabiltity, meaining, shipping through a trucking agency, not USPS nor FEDEX, nor UPS. I recommend you take pictures, repackage it, send it back REGISTERED return receipt to the store with a note saying you want a new one or your money back. The ball will be in their court then.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 AM
kcmorg
1st Gear

Ordered one last summer, no problems here. Several others ordered after seeing mine and had no problems. I hope this is not anotherDB thread, Those bring me way down.[sm=smiley6.gif]

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!