Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

The ***** in the sellers court now,If he sends out a replacement part,I am sure his sales will go up,but he he dumps this on the buyer,I believe he will loose a lot of sales from the members of this forum.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some things to think about.

1. Insurance is for the seller / shipper. Not for the buyer. The seller is responsible for delivering you (the buyer) your item in an undamaged state. Period. There is no room for debate or discussion on this fact. This does not preclude the seller from adding to the original shipping costs to cover the added insurance. That is up to them.

2. For any insurance claim to be valid the packing of said item must meet minimum standards so that damage or breakage will not occur during transit and handling. Placing an item in a Priority box without additional packing to restrain the contents and / or to resist crushing will get your claim denied. Period. And again there is no room for debate or discussion on this. The carrier will deny the claim due to inadequate packing.

3. Always use a credit card to make purchases online so you can pursue a chargeback if needed. Be aware there are time limits to this process.

4. If you are a seller or a buyer returning an item, always spend a few extra pennies if using USPS and get Delivery Confirmation. If you think someone is shipping you an empty box with DC, open it in the presence of your local postmaster.

If your seller / vendor wanted me to try and get recovery for an uninsured package from the USPS I would have told them NO and let them know the item was being returned to them for replacement.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you pay by credit card? If so, and the vendor doesn't make it right, call your credit card and complain. The goods were not delivered as advertised and the cc company may issue your money back.

Also, I don't think you should have to pay any additional shipping cost.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

Did you pay by credit card? If so, and the vendor doesn't make it right, call your credit card and complain. The goods were not delivered as advertised and the cc company may issue your money back.

Also, I don't think you should have to pay any additional shipping cost.
No,I sent a personal check.I have had too many phishing issues with PAY PAL and have managed to have my cards blocked on their pay sites. Fine by me. I didn't even have a PAY PAL account , but used a site that took my CC thru the PAYPAL procees and got tons of phishing request and threats about cancelling my account and sent a Blistergram to PAY PAL about it's security.

I am offering a way out for this vendor, before it's gets to costly for him possibly...

Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've always taken the position that it is the vendor's responsibility to deliver the item purchased to me in good usable condition. If the item was damaged during shipping, I contend that it is the vendor who should be interfacing with the shipper and that the customer should not be inconvenienced in any way.

Of course, the vendor seldom sees it that way...
Pretty sure the way the law reads is, it becomes your responsibility and your property once it leaves the shippers dock. But it is always in the interest of customer service to do what it takes to make things right. All shipments should be insured whether the customer asked for it or not.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
vtxed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My pipes came dented and the Vendor shipped me new ones the same day. (OVER NIGHT ). I would say the vendor really dropped the ball on this one buy not taking care of you. Put it this way heres another guy that was thinking about the lights but no way would I ever buy them now. Don't these guy's get it that word of mouth travels fast on mess boards. I would tell them to look at these posts and tell them there going to lose sales over something this petty. I'm sure they have insurance if there a decent company.

Steve

Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What does your credit card company say?

Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Neckball

I've always taken the position that it is the vendor's responsibility to deliver the item purchased to me in good usable condition. If the item was damaged during shipping, I contend that it is the vendor who should be interfacing with the shipper and that the customer should not be inconvenienced in any way.

Of course, the vendor seldom sees it that way...
Pretty sure the way the law reads is, it becomes your responsibility and your property once it leaves the shippers dock. But it is always in the interest of customer service to do what it takes to make things right. All shipments should be insured whether the customer asked for it or not.
Neckball,
Don't mind accepting responsibility to pursue the righting of a wrong on me, but I did not package the product (or better yet, just stick in a box designed, according to the USPS, "...for blueprints or large rolled documents. Contents must be compatible with container.")
nor decline to provide minimum protection by wrapping the contents, nor chose, opt, select, or increase the largess by not insuring the contents for replacement value. I would think that any business, much less any quadriped, would not have opted for the 'Customeris on his own process'. And how does any 'shipper' not vendor, loose culpability?
I am going to find out just how much the actual shipping and insurance costs would have been to quell this concept that somehow this is my fault. If the vendor had at least notified customers that "SHIPPING INS EXTRA" was an option and I chose to save the money myself, maybe, just maybe, I am foolish. Weren't my choice and I hope you don't catch the same luck someday. NO ONE should.

We will find out what the Law reads if that is the decision of the vendor, but I really hope he is not that short sighted.

Was not a credit card purchase. This will no longer be an issue of vendor, shipper, customer merry go round.
For my money, and by the way, that is what it is, my money, the issue will be persued by means of consumer advocates, lawyers, and perhaps best of all, this vary means of communication.

Just to make clear any reference to my initial contact with this vendor, the following is offered as evidence of civil intent to conclude a
fair business transaction.

"John,[/align]My name is David Price. We purchased two Hog lites by check and have received them today, Saturday, 20 JAN 07.[/align][/align]The USPS Carton looked damaged as if it had been folded. Inside both lites are broken, one with a snapped LED circuit board, the other with alt east (SP)the lens broken.[/align][/align]3 jpegs have been sent via Kodak EasyShare email.[/align][/align]I'll wait to here (SP)about returning for replacements."[/align][/align]

Old 01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
vtxed
Tourer

If every one packaged like PEZ from HogTunes we wouldn't even be pushing keys we would be enjoying the product.

Steve

Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
gordo24fan
Tourer

A lot of people are watching this thread. I hope they know they probably won't just lose 1 customer if things aren't settled.

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!