Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT

SteelCity,

No defense of my actions is necessary, but is appreciated. ABSOLUTELY SOMEONE COULD HAVE CHECKED as suggested. Maybe the neighbor who knows Chicago could have notified me of their plight, rather than attack.

No one is going to change anyones mind. New purchaser's now know to visit the Ebay site. I hope this debacle will allieviate any future commerce problems for a Vendor with a good niche product. After all that is why we buy these things.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Explainations, rationalizations, excuses, and apologies aside.

The fact is that insurance is for the vendor / seller of a product.

If they choose to add that to the standard shipping and handling of their product to cover the added costs that is up to the vendor / seller.

But every customer / buyer has a right to expect that a purchased product will be packaged properly and delivered in 100 percent working order.

If the item is damaged in transit it is the sellers / vendors responsibility to replace said item in a timely manner and contact the buyer to have the buyer retain the packing materials so that any claim the seller may institute to recover their money can be processed.

Please do not buy online from any one who claims they "are not responsible for lost or damaged items unless insurance is purchased". This statement is false in most cases (it may only apply when an FOB statement is included on the invoice). And is particularly true for items purchased on eBay.

Always use a credit card for online purchases so you can dispute the charge if the need arises.

I have bought and sold many thousands of items online and have had to replace missing and damaged shipments when needed and have had reluctant vendors replace shipments when needed. But always as a buyer insurance was not my problem it was always the vendor.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:45 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

I recieved notice this morning that HogLite has gotten my returned damaged lites and has sent to more as replacements.

"David.
I have received the damaged goods today.
The 2 replacement HogLites will be placed in the mail on Friday, Feb 2.
You should receive them shortly.
Thank you again for your business & please ride safe.

John
LITE Electric, LLC
www.hoglite.com"

Photos to follow

Old 02-02-2007, 11:07 PM
slacker
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Explainations, rationalizations, excuses, and apologies aside.

The fact is that insurance is for the vendor / seller of a product.

If they choose to add that to the standard shipping and handling of their product to cover the added costs that is up to the vendor / seller.

But every customer / buyer has a right to expect that a purchased product will be packaged properly and delivered in 100 percent working order.

If the item is damaged in transit it is the sellers / vendors responsibility to replace said item in a timely manner and contact the buyer to have the buyer retain the packing materials so that any claim the seller may institute to recover their money can be processed.

Please do not buy online from any one who claims they "are not responsible for lost or damaged items unless insurance is purchased". This statement is false in most cases (it may only apply when an FOB statement is included on the invoice). And is particularly true for items purchased on eBay.

Always use a credit card for online purchases so you can dispute the charge if the need arises.

I have bought and sold many thousands of items online and have had to replace missing and damaged shipments when needed and have had reluctant vendors replace shipments when needed. But always as a buyer insurance was not my problem it was always the vendor.
I have to tell you it does not work like that on eBay. If you buy something on eBay once you pay for it, it is your responsibility. You want to make sure you get it safe? Pay for insurance. That is just the way eBay has always been as far back as I can remember.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Slacker,
Thanks for the input about Ebay. Might have been helpful, had I actually used the Ebay site to initiate the purchase. Many of the complications involved in this discussion have been as someone put, in the background.

Let's look at the facts;

I did not use ebay. It was never mentioned on the thread used as the reference to initiate the purchase I made, up until the time thatImade mine and if it was by some ommission on my part to have seen a reference to a site on ebay, I saw www.hoglite.com. That's is where I got my first and only source of comsumer information. MANY people have made the same assumption you seem to have made.

The home site offered one shipping method, USPS Priority mail for CONUS. No reference was made to insurance on the site or at any time during my pre purchase conservation in reference to my CC info and Paypal. I sent a pesonal check.

The explanations offered by the vendor and myself up to this point have been considered enough to render the discussion of this transaction over.

NOTHIN BETTER THAN EXPERTS.....

Old 02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Default RE: !!HOG LIGHT!! Final Update

The two replacement Hog Lites arrived in a crushed box. John provided newsprint wrapping and padding, and by some good fortune, they survived. I am happy the transaction has tunned well for both of us.Your diligence has keptyour business reputation intact.
John, I hope your mother is doing well and the PO does not cause anymore anxiety for you.

I tried to change the thread title to !!HOG LIGHT!! Final Update, but it did not show up in the header.

I tried.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLGEEZ

The two replacement Hog Lites arrived in a crushed box. John provided newsprint wrapping and padding, and by some good fortune, they survived.
Hmm still having some questionable shipping packing methods I believe I'll pass on this light simply not worth the hassle of possible shipping damage..

Old 02-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLGEEZ

The two replacement Hog Lites arrived in a crushed box.
Your mail carrier is pretty tough on the mail it looks like.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:57 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

I have to say that I am not at all impressed with Priority Mail for fragile items. Speed of delivery isn't worth the bang in azz we seem to get in the DC area. May be just incoming here, but my outgoing shipping dollar goes to Purple/Orange or Big Brown.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

In all fairness I ordered my hog light from John and it to was damaged upon receiving from USPS. I called and he sent out one the next day, never looked back and find the product to do what it says, bright and bold .

Quick Reply: WARNING!! DON'T BUY A HOG LIGHT !!UPDATE at end of thread!!