Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

13 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Volk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 Road Glide

Well Ive asked ya guys earlier about street glides, Well here is my predicament my local dealer is getting in a candy orange Road Glide, they had no left over 12s so the offered me this or a Street Glide for around 20k out the door with 1.9% financing at the local credit union. Ive got the itch that since everyone around has a streetglide, I was thinking being different with looks and color. What will I expect with the differences in these bikes??

Old 08-27-2012, 03:59 PM
Bigsarge71
Advanced

Road glide is the best ride. You will love it especially that candy orange color is best color I seen in awhile.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 PM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know what you are riding now so I will offer these comments.

1. If you are riding a bike without the Batwing fairing you will like the RoadGlide just fine. But everyone I know (including myself) that went from a batwing fairing to a RG, all traded again in about 6 months and went back to the batwing.
2. The handelbars on the RG will feel more stable at speed but the added wind blowing around the fairing and onto the pilot is a PITA.
3. The RG looks cool but I didn't like riding it for the reasons above and since I bought it to ride...well, there you have it.

Standing by for
But before you do, realize that you ain't getting me back on a RG and your words won't change my personal experience.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like both bikes... so just one quick comment..
the stock windsheild on the road Glide is WORTHLESS...
I rented one..i'm only 5'6" and one i hit about 50 mph it was like taking a leaf blower in the mouth....
I rode the CVO model with the slightly taller wind splitter and it was a whole different ball game...
The rest is all prefference and personalization....you have to mess around with windsheids, lowers maybe, maybe some fairing wings...you an pretty much dial in anything you want..... so really its what speaks to your emotion...
all the time i hear "wind this" and "wind that"... it's a bike for christ's sake!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Trial dog
Tourer

If you are coming off a bat wing then the windshield will seem a mile away. The stock windshield is in fact crap. The biggest thing I noticed was the lack of the visual cue of the bat wing turning threw me for a while on slow speed u turns etc. Got over that pretty quick. I do think that there is more buffeting on the road glide for the passenger with stock set up. Most change the stock handle bars fairly quickly, the heritage style is a popular choice that is also very reasonable.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Volk
Novice

I'll be coming off a Dyna Superglide Custom so no worries about the whole batwing fairing it will be a whole new learning expierience for me!!

Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmmmmm. Based on what I've read in the forum threads, I think you and you're friends are in the minority.

I've ridden (and liked) both models, but when it came time to plunk down my money for me the RG was hands down the way to go.

To the OP, ask the dealer to let you rent both for the day (and apply the rental cost to your purchase) and see which is a better match for you.

Originally Posted by buggin02
Don't know what you are riding now so I will offer these comments.

1. If you are riding a bike without the Batwing fairing you will like the RoadGlide just fine. But everyone I know (including myself) that went from a batwing fairing to a RG, all traded again in about 6 months and went back to the batwing.
2. The handelbars on the RG will feel more stable at speed but the added wind blowing around the fairing and onto the pilot is a PITA.
3. The RG looks cool but I didn't like riding it for the reasons above and since I bought it to ride...well, there you have it.

Standing by for
But before you do, realize that you ain't getting me back on a RG and your words won't change my personal experience.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

buggin02 needs to take a drug test , I've owned 2 Road Kings , an Electra Glide and Road Glide , I rode a batwing for 10 years , I have almost 2 years on a Road Glide , hands down the Road Glide is a better handling bike , looks are personal , you either like them or you don't

Old 08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

........ i think that Candy Orange is gonna be THE hot color for '13. For 20k otd, i'd get the RoadGlide.
............ but then, i'm biased.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you notice the riders who love the Road Glides and the pictures of their bikes, they almost always have a picture window for the windscreen. Then they need to add deflectors under the fairing, and lower fairings usually follow next. It's not rocket science why they tend to do this. DOH!

Quick Reply: 13 Road Glide