Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any of you short guys adjust the stock SG handlebars for more comfort?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 PM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur. $2K is a lot of money. I did everything I could to avoid it. Logger boots, front lowering kit, Legend air ride, many different seats and handlebars, motorcycle classes on how to make slow speed u-turns. I wish I did the drop seat kit first. It would have saved me money, time and frustration. Good luck

Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
2007SG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original questions was bars. Lots of choices I went with Khromewerks sweepers 2+2. Requires a +4 longer clutch cable. Not the fancy set up but I am real happy with the fit for me. I did not want to go higher and pulled back they fit me.

If you are going to do a seat do it first as it can change your reach to the bars. You might try a reach seat it will move you forward. I did not like it for me.

Lots of choices and opinions. Happy shopping!!! JMHO

Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2007SG
Original questions was bars. Lots of choices I went with Khromewerks sweepers 2+2. Requires a +4 longer clutch cable. Not the fancy set up but I am real happy with the fit for me. I did not want to go higher and pulled back they fit me.

If you are going to do a seat do it first as it can change your reach to the bars. You might try a reach seat it will move you forward. I did not like it for me.

Lots of choices and opinions. Happy shopping!!! JMHO
Been using the reach seat since 2009 just find that I trend to lean slightly down and forward with stock bars

Old 08-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Kennypatterson
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jswerve
Not sure if I want to spend 2K on a drop seat kit though... I am gonna try meancities' super narrow mod on a 2011 or 12 factory seat first and go from there. I think my inseam is right around 29 or 30"
I just did the Super Narrow mod on my 12 SG seat, and man is it nice. The bar situation is better, but I still want them up and back a little more. I'm like you, 5'7" with a 29" inseam and 32" sleeve. I'm going to do the Wild 1 578's and just rotate them back a little. Seat mod is well worth the money IMO

Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kennypatterson
I just did the Super Narrow mod on my 12 SG seat, and man is it nice. The bar situation is better, but I still want them up and back a little more. I'm like you, 5'7" with a 29" inseam and 32" sleeve. I'm going to do the Wild 1 578's and just rotate them back a little. Seat mod is well worth the money IMO
Thank you very helpful info on the Super Narrow. How is it for comfort?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 AM
Kennypatterson
Road Master

Thank you very helpful info on the Super Narrow. How is it for comfort?
AWESOME!!!

I had them lower me down in the saddle about an inch as well, which essentially raises the bars up an inch. For the money, there is NO WAY I would every purchase an aftermarket seat. This is the 4th bike I have had them do for me, they do great work and stand behind it. Make sure that when you send your seat with the order form you explain in detail what you want as far as behind moved down, back, etc.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

AWESOME!!!

I had them lower me down in the saddle about an inch as well, which essentially raises the bars up an inch. For the money, there is NO WAY I would every purchase an aftermarket seat. This is the 4th bike I have had them do for me, they do great work and stand behind it. Make sure that when you send your seat with the order form you explain in detail what you want as far as behind moved down, back, etc.
Yeah I want to be dropped lower to the ground and pushed forward with my legs as narrow as possible. All this and comfortable LOL. I have the reach it is a solid seat but man is it FUGLY!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Kennypatterson
Road Master

Yeah I want to be dropped lower to the ground and pushed forward with my legs as narrow as possible. All this and comfortable LOL. I have the reach it is a solid seat but man is it FUGLY!!!
LMAO. Yeah, I have to agree, it's pretty FUGLY! But to each his own. Some people like it some don't, I'm just one of the latter. I also go a set of the floorboard extenders that extend the floorboards out an inch (out sideways, not forward) and man are they comfortable.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

LMAO. Yeah, I have to agree, it's pretty FUGLY! But to each his own. Some people like it some don't, I'm just one of the latter. I also go a set of the floorboard extenders that extend the floorboards out an inch (out sideways, not forward) and man are they comfortable.
I ordered those yesterday but didn't know about the forum discount until afterwards

Old 08-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Kennypatterson
Road Master

I ordered those yesterday but didn't know about the forum discount until afterwards
It's only 15% but you could always email them and see if they will credit you. Worst they can say is no.

Quick Reply: Any of you short guys adjust the stock SG handlebars for more comfort?