Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Pro über tuner to a Power Vision who has done this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question SE Pro über tuner to a Power Vision who has done this?

Hi,
Looking for feedback from those who have gone from the SE Über Tuner Pro
And went to the PowerVision tuner.

Engine performance: Did anyone notice that their bike ran better with the PV that with the tune they had with their SE unit?

Cams: For those that had cams other than stock, how did you PV run v.s. the map you had with the SE unit?

When it gets down to it, are the maps supplied by Fuelmoto, or DynoJet close enough that a dyno tune can be avoided?

My experience with SE Über tuner pro: At 1000 miles the HD dealer did the data log thing called it a Vtune, bike ran ok no Pinging with my SE 255 cams.
At 6500 or so miles, I had a shop do a dyno run to see what the numbers were and to check AFR.

Slightly lean 2300-3200 so that was corrected, with a gain of 2ft/# torque and 2 HP. Resulted in PING issues and the tuner took out some timing, but issue still persists. Not thrilled with this shop's ability to tune.

So, I stubled onto a shop that recently relocated an hour from my neck of thenwoods. This shop, actually has a race background with Harley's, one way to their shop is 70 miles. My appointment was for Saturday before noon. I had spoke with the shop a week prior and Saturday before noon was a go, when I arrived- no one there. Appears my appointment was forgotten.
I left after hanging for 20 minutes, frustrated and tune issues unresolved, I rode home and suffice it to say, I am not to thrilled to go back.

So- I am thinking PV because of dyno tune $ spent thus far, and my time wasted
On travel to almost get a tune...

So, will the PV be able to give me a good tune without reliving the dyno/tuner cluster issues I have had?

Also looking at the Fuelmoto dyno sheets they posted for the TW-222 cam, the PV tuner would appear to make this an easy swap and tune.

Thanks

Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which shops were you using? I could not find any dyno tuners here a couple years ago and ended up getting the cables and software and tuned my bike myself using the smart tune function. I was able to make it run great without any pinging or popping. I cant tell you what the HP/torque is but it feels awesome off the line. If you dont want to go that route then maybe look into thundermax tuners. I know the guy on Trent recommends them and most people with them seem happy. They are spendy, but it does eliminate the need for a dyno. Good luck

Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Smart tune

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Which shops were you using? I could not find any dyno tuners here a couple years ago and ended up getting the cables and software and tuned my bike myself using the smart tune function. I was able to make it run great without any pinging or popping. I cant tell you what the HP/torque is but it feels awesome off the line. If you dont want to go that route then maybe look into thundermax tuners. I know the guy on Trent recommends them and most people with them seem happy. They are spendy, but it does eliminate the need for a dyno. Good luck

Yup, the HD dealer did their smart tune, which was close. I was surprised that the smart tune had some lean AFR, which I had corrected, and noticed the two HP and ft pounds of torque on my butt dyno. The resulting PING issues not so appreciated. It will ping even in 70 degree temps when twisting the wick 5th gear 65 or 6th at 74 on the flat highway.
It will also ping at times pulling away from a full stop.

Been there with TMax, lots of $$$ for it, it was not without having to mess with and seemed to never dial in on my 07 flstf.

Last edited by mgmmgm; 08-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

What does your AFR map look like? You can find a lot of good info at this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...on-thread.html