Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I Could Do It Again....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:42 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If I Could Do It Again....

If the Bike is for Cruising then go for the Bling Bling, then more Bling Bling

Old 01-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Hydraboss
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Primo, I'm not sure I'll go with the passing lamps..yet. Unsure of how I feel about the look. The tour-pak is for the wife. I love the way the SG looks even stock, and the tour-pak is removable when I ride solo. I did play with the EG/UG idea at first, but the bike just doesn't look the same when you strip it down so I decided that I could live with the extra cost of dealer-installing the pak for her.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i'll put wings on my bike if i want....then some of you'll most certainly say "shoulda bought a cessna"...so thar [:-]

Old 01-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hydraboss

To everyone (in particular iclick and 310pilot):

Thanks many times over. This is board is indispensable for useful information. Here is what I will be working on in the very near future:
1) SERT/PCIII (whatever the hell these are, they seem to attract unanimous applause)
2) Oil temp gauge
3) Oil cooler
4) Passing lamp system (thanks 310 for the wiring idea - perfect)
5) Cruise (possibly - never had it on a bike; always had it and never used it in a truck)
6) King Tour Pak and 2up rack (want the dealer to install it because I relate this to passenger safety - installed wrong, I am single again)
7) Front and rear lighting upgrades (modulators, etc..)

For future consideration:
1) Seat (we'll see how the factory one works out first
2) Driver's backrest (this I can do myself)
3) Windshield upgrade/change (again, we'll see how the shorty works)
4) Headlight bulb upgrade (again, I can do this myself)
5) Handgrip upgrade (ditto)
6) Air cleaner upgrade (ditto, ditto)
7) Extended heel shift arm (my size 11 heel seems to hook under the stock one, but I've only sat on the bike)
8) Back-off warning light (for those of you who have never had one, it's basically one small driving light mounted at the rear that can be flashed on high beam to get tailgaters offyour ***. My last one was removable with one wire connector and a thumb screw. Thinking maybe mount it on the underside of the Tour Pak.)

The help given on this board is immeasurable. Thanks again.
A couple of options to consider that I did not see:

To avoid the need to run a line into my no oil line oil pan, I installed the digital Oil Temp Dipstick that gives the oil level and oil temp when you push a button.It's definitely not wise to check it while riding the bike though.
You also did not list highway pegs. Even though you are extending those floorboards, those highway pegs give you another place to stretch your legs.
I decided to go with the bag liners for the hard bags and am I glad I did. Really makes taking your stuff out of the hardbag a breeze when you need to.
I also added the combination lock/push buttion fuel cap console cover--not an essential, but sure makes filling up the tank more convenient.
And don't forget the air pressure pump for the rear shocks.You cannot use a regular air pump to fill them (not suppose to anyway).