Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmets Off to Fuel Moto!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:51 PM
8Crow
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up Helmets Off to Fuel Moto!!

Good day eh?? It may be getting rather old to see yet another thread praising Fuel Moto but it's gonna happen anyway... Bit of a long read but anyone interested won't mind... I hope...

After much reading countless threads on this site regarding the quality of the product and the excellent customer service from Jamie and the gang at Fuel Moto, it seemed pretty much like a no brainer where to go for my stage 1 kit. Now, which combination of intake, tuner and exhaust to go with...?

I finally settled on the FM billet intake, PC-V and the 4" slash up Jackpots with the tunable quiet baffle - and I couldn't be happier!!

Shipping was fast and the installation was a breeze - even the cables for the PC-V cooperated and found a good place to live!

I am exceptionally pleased with the options of being able to vary the sound of the pipes with the quiet baffle. Running with the guys, I leave the silent insert out and then quickly install it when my bride and I go for a ride. Everybody is happy
Really like the sound of the Jackpots with the quiet baffle - good rumble at idle and still respectable at cruising speeds. Lets you know when you are "givin 'er" though... With the silent insert installed, it sounds close to stock but deeper and still a good tone when accelerating... I don't drink the "loud pipes save lives" kool-aid so these muffs fill the bill for me!

Seat of the pants dyno indicates an increase in pulling power but what I am really pleased with is the decrease in the amount of heat on my right calf. No cat to be concerned in my 09 so this was a good improvement.

Had a bit of an issue with decel popping after installation but within a couple of days of contacting FM, I had an e-mail response from Keith with a new map attached. Installed it and have had no problems since.

Haven't noticed much, if any change in fuel mileage since installing the Stage 1 system. Still get in the high 40s or low 50s per gallon (Imperial) so no complaints there!!

Did a small modification to the mufflers before I installed them. Removed the baffles from both muffs and sanded the area inside back beyond the outer ends of the baffles. I then masked off the outside of the muffs and spray painted the interior with flat black BBQ paint. Also did the same thing to the outer ends of the baffles and reinstalled. Was able to touch up any area that was scratched with the re-installation. Really like the looks of it over the original metal finish.

Bottom line - yet another satisfied customer for Fuel Moto!! Thanks Jamie and crew

Attached Thumbnails Helmets Off to Fuel Moto!!-2012-08-21-005-medium-.jpg   Helmets Off to Fuel Moto!!-2012-08-21-003-medium-.jpg   Helmets Off to Fuel Moto!!-2012-08-21-006-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by 8Crow; 08-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Good company to deal with.....Hoorahhh Fuel Moto

Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 PM
fishbust
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will not hestitate to do business with Jamie when the time comes for my upgrade!

Old 08-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Nothing but satisfied here! Three different dealings and all 100%!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by 8Crow
Good day eh?? It may be getting rather old to see yet another thread praising Fuel Moto but it's gonna happen anyway... Bit of a long read but anyone interested won't mind... I hope...

After much reading countless threads on this site regarding the quality of the product and the excellent customer service from Jamie and the gang at Fuel Moto, it seemed pretty much like a no brainer where to go for my stage 1 kit. Now, which combination of intake, tuner and exhaust to go with...?

I finally settled on the FM billet intake, PC-V and the 4" slash up Jackpots with the tunable quiet baffle - and I couldn't be happier!!

Shipping was fast and the installation was a breeze - even the cables for the PC-V cooperated and found a good place to live!

I am exceptionally pleased with the options of being able to vary the sound of the pipes with the quiet baffle. Running with the guys, I leave the silent insert out and then quickly install it when my bride and I go for a ride. Everybody is happy
Really like the sound of the Jackpots with the quiet baffle - good rumble at idle and still respectable at cruising speeds. Lets you know when you are "givin 'er" though... With the silent insert installed, it sounds close to stock but deeper and still a good tone when accelerating... I don't drink the "loud pipes save lives" kool-aid so these muffs fill the bill for me!

Seat of the pants dyno indicates an increase in pulling power but what I am really pleased with is the decrease in the amount of heat on my right calf. No cat to be concerned in my 09 so this was a good improvement.

Had a bit of an issue with decel popping after installation but within a couple of days of contacting FM, I had an e-mail response from Keith with a new map attached. Installed it and have had no problems since.

Haven't noticed much, if any change in fuel mileage since installing the Stage 1 system. Still get in the high 40s or low 50s per gallon (Imperial) so no complaints there!!

Did a small modification to the mufflers before I installed them. Removed the baffles from both muffs and sanded the area inside back beyond the outer ends of the baffles. I then masked off the outside of the muffs and spray painted the interior with flat black BBQ paint. Also did the same thing to the outer ends of the baffles and reinstalled. Was able to touch up any area that was scratched with the re-installation. Really like the looks of it over the original metal finish.

Bottom line - yet another satisfied customer for Fuel Moto!! Thanks Jamie and crew
Thank you for the great feedback and review of our products

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com